1. Candidate will be responsible for the Management of Storage and related devices within a mainframe complex.
2. Experience with DASD and tape data storage solutions for mainframes
3. Candidate should possess working knowledge of Z / OS Operating System, z / OS(MVS) fundamentals, Storage fundamentals and Storage Devices.
4. Candidate will be expected to have basic knowledge in the following areas : TSO, ISPF, JCL, VSAM, ISMF, JES2, Catalogs, Datasets (PS / PDS / PDSE / GDG), REXX, SAS, SDSF and Spool.
5. Candidate will be expected to have good knowledge in the following( : MF - Tape & DASD Management) areas : DFSMS, DFSMSHSM, DFSMSDSS, DFSMSDFP, DFSMSRMM, ICF Catalog, VSAM, IDCAMs, CA products(CA Disk, CA allocate and CA-1), FDR products, Omegamon XE or related Storage monitoring tools, ICKDSF, Space abends and SMF / Dcollect / BVIR reports.
Candidate should have expertise in the following storage management activities :
Initialize / Add new DASD volumes and Add new tape volumes. Perform the space management activities such as VTOC resizing, Defrag, Compress / Reclaim / Release / Cleaning of datasets.
Manage and Define SMS rules and ACS routines.
Storage dataset (RMM / HSM CDS & Catalog file) reorganization.
Data / Volume level backup and restores.
Disaster recovery planning and performing the recovery test (Tape recovery / DASD Replication / Tape Replication) and Managing the Copy services / GDPS.
Storage box Configuration (DASD & Tape).
Storage box data migration (DASD to DASD and Tape to tape) and Storage replication.
Expertise in Storage hardware subsystems including IBM DASD (DS8K), IBM Automated tape library and IBM Virtual tape library (TS7700 / TS7720 / TS7740 / TS7760).
Experience in EMC's storage (VMAX and DLM) and Replication (SRDF) technologies.
Candidate have to work in customer work hours- US, Europe and Asia Pacific (weekends and holidays as oncall staff)