About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation.
This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Skills Required : 1. Expert knowledge of reconciliations and TLM.
2. Strong knowledge of accounting / underlying product operations3. Strong English communication skills both written and oral4.
Knowledge of MS suite of applications is a must, word, excel & powerpoint5. Ability to independently interact with wide set of senior stakeholders across multiple countries6.
Good people management skills with 1 - 2 years of people management experience7. Ability to deliver as per target timelines Objectives : 1.
Manage account reconciliation activities covering :
Prior experience of working with TLM (Transaction Lifecycle Management) or any automated reconciliation platform preferred3.
Handle customer queries and correspondence (both internal and external) and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, country and internal stakeholders including technology teams.
4. Ensure effective follow ups and escalations, both internal and external, in resolving outstanding reconciliation items, process and system issues, as per agreed SLA / reconciliation matrix, DOIs.
Ability to differentiate escalations to various senior levels depending on the nature and impact of an issue / open reconciliation break with clear articulation of the requirement and attention from them is a must.
5. Actively look for opportunities to standardize processes / automate / eliminate non value added activities and implement them for process improvements.
6. Liaise extensively with a wide set of senior stakeholders, get required support to resolve long outstanding reconciliation open items and get buy in to implement process / system changes7.
Continuously improve team productivity to the standards prescribed 8. Create sufficient back-ups for each process to eliminate key staff risk at any point of time.
9. Work to reduce System Downtime in collaboration with technology teams10. Perform end-to-end analysis of reconciliation processes and controls and propose solutions for addressing gaps, from a reconciliation perspective.
11. Perform root-cause analysis of reconciliation errors and issues with clearly articulated mitigation plans.12. Follow up on risks with both internal teams and external stakeholders for timely closure without becoming overdue and promptly update actions to risk teams ahead of target timelines13.
Familiarize with Group Operational Risk, Group Money Laundering Prevention and other Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable.
14. Uphold the values of the Group and Company at all times.15. Comply with all applicable rules / regulations and Company & Group Policies.
16. Ensure adherence to all SLAs and proper updation of all logs such as TAT, system downtime, errors and exceptions log.
17. Carry out BCP tests.18. Assist in Department & Group related projects.