Job Description - TOC - Shift Manager (20000894)
TOC - Shift Manager - ( 20000894 )
1. To monitor and timely escalation of infra alarms to the field team to ensure that there is maximum network uptime
Ensure that the alarms are monitored 24 X 7.
Timey alarm escalation to field O & M team as per escalation matrix.
Minute one involvement of self, in all major incident escalations ( e.g. , FIRE , Flood, natural calamities, etc.,)
coordinate with circle team so that the escalations are closed with minimum escalation level
2. To provide proactive inputs to the circle O & M team to prevent site outages
Ensure Frequently failing sites reports are published regularly.
Involving SME managers and partners for the FFS sites.
High light HIGH RISK sites to the field team based on the alarm trend
3. Drive alarm compliance across all circles for 7 critical alarms.
Collaborate with field surveillance team to ensure that all critical alarms are integrated with TOC.
This has to be validated through alarm simulation and comparing with alarm dump.
Sleeping sites report to be generated every week ensure that all sites are talking to TOC
4. To ensure that all Preventive maintenance TTs are loaded in TOC applications thereby maintaining the equipments in the site in good health
PM schedule to be prepared and loaded in the NetKT application.
PM completion to be verified against the alarm dump to ensure that all the equipments are in healthy condition.
This will ensure that the sitedowns due to equipment failure is minimal
5. To training TOC engineers in alarm monitoring and escalations.
Device a concrete new hire induction plan for TOC engineers - apart from ITTA module 0 training.
Hands-on training of various TOC applications.
Ensure that all TOC engineers are visiting the sites at least once before going online.
Increase the technical capability of the TOC engineers through various sessions like TOC Colloquium.
6. Ensure that RCA is available for all site outages so that it can be used for future analysis
Device a process through which RCA for all sited owns are entered in NetKT - which can be used for all future analysis.
Summary of the RCA to be published to all circles, so that frequently reported problems can be addressed proactively.
7. To ensure that the appropriate thresholds are defined there by at any given time, uptime and stability are under control
Device a process through which Alarm threshold is defined for all circles.
Thresholds to be defined for ,
Frequently failing sites.
Daily monitoring and reporting of this trend to the field O & M team.
High risk sites and clusters to be identified based on this alarm trend.
8. Maintain 24 X 7 TOC studio
Coordinate with IT and ESCO to maintain TOC studio and it's hardware 24 X 7
9. closure of i-hygiene and o-hygiene TTs
Ensure that all i- hygiene and o - hygiene TTs are closed on time.
Coordinate with cluster managers and OPCO for timely closure.
Publish the I & O hygiene tracker to OPCO daily.
Report the progress on a daily basis to the management team.
Minimum Educational Qualifications to perform this job
Diploma / Degree in Engineering ( electrical, electronics, communication, CSC)
People management experience with telecom / IT background
People management skills with incident & problem management expertise.
Should be customer focused (internal and external).
Proficiency in MS excel , ppt , etc.,
At least 8 years of experience - out of which minimum 2 years in people management , 2 years in telecom / IT.
Should have excellent communication skills.
Willing to work in 24 X 7.
knowledge on ITIL and PMP would be an added advantage.