caleGrid was built by database experts to provide enterprise-grade Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) hosting solutions and powerful management tools. Our fully managed platform is used by thousands of developers, startups, and enterprise businesses, including VMWare and Atlassian, and handles all of your database operations at any scale.
Built by experienced practitioners who envisioned a better, simpler DB approach, ScaleGrid’s flagship software empowers customers to have single button database capabilities.
We are seeking a Backend Developer to join our growing team. This position will involve working to implement infrastructure workflows on various clouds. You will get a front row seat on how to build and scale databases for larger workloads. While currently this is a remote position, we are looking to reopen our offices sometime next year. The right candidate will be located in, or be willing to relocate to, Bangalore, India.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation and unit testing of responsive web applications leveraging Java/J2EE.
- Collaborate with front-end developers
- Create and update documentation in support of development efforts.
- Participates in code review with peers and managers
- Response to trouble/support call for applications in production
- Become a subject matter expert in 1-2 databases in order to support our platform
- Strong Java programming skills
- Background in Linux/Unix administration
- Familiar with cloud providers such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Comfortable with an on-call schedule rotation
- Expertise with any of the following databases-including MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elastic, Cassandra, SQL server & Oracle
Powered by JazzHR