Who are V.Group
Group gives every client the quality and efficiency they need in every sector. Covering crew management and recruitment, quality ship management and technical services, together with supporting management and commercial services, V.
Group has an unrivalled industry knowledge with performance assured. Our values, We Care, We Collaborate, We Challenge, We are Consistent, We Commit and Deliver, are at the heart of everything we do and they support our strategy of Investing in Talent.
We are always interested in making contact with talented individuals - people who will demonstrate our values and deliver great service, for internal and external stakeholders.
Overall Purpose of The JobTo maintain accurate and representative financial records regarding each of the vessels under their responsibility and to
produce timely, accurate and meaningful management reports for in-house departments and the vessel owners.Key Responsibilities and Tasks1.
To maintain an up-to-date general ledger for each vessel for which they are responsible
2. Preparing of all funding requests that ensures sufficient funding of the vessel at all times to enable all commitments to
be settled within terms (see point 4).
3. To prepare and review all prime data and ensure it is properly authorised and coded by the relevant departments
4. Payment of purchase invoices and other creditors (i) within the agreed payment terms and (ii) in line with V.Ships
policy and (iii) subject to the availability of funds from owners
5. Ensure all reports and requests are prepared for the client within the prescribed timetable
6. Liaising with the Assistant Vessel Financial Controller and other departments in the explanation of running cost
7. Assisting the Assistant Vessel Financial Controller with any other duties that may be necessaryRequired ExperienceIdeally the person would either hold an HND / Diploma in accounting, an accounting degree, or be at the very early stages of a recognised
professional accounting qualification. Previous experience is not essential although this would be advantageous.What can I expect in return?
V. Group can offer you a market leading salary and benefits package, in addition to significant opportunities for career growth and personal development.
This a great opportunity to join a true leader in the maritime sector - a company that has exciting plans for future growth.