Job Description :
1. vRAN E2E System Operations Support which includes Incident Management (L2 Fault handling) / Emergency Handling / Preventive Maintenance / Configuration Management Support / Performance Management Support / Problem Management / Next Level Support Management (for Bug fixing / Complex fault handling) / Security Management -User Access Policy implementation and Acceptance Testing.
2. Some overseas travel may be involved.
3. Frequent communication and coordination with local NOC engineers / Customer sitting in different geographical locations.
4. May need to provide extended support after office hours and over weekends for Network Emergency handling.
Roles & Responsibilities :
Responsibilities for the position include, but not limited to :
1. Understanding network performance and supporting optimization activities to tune the RF network for better performance / quality and capacity utilization
2. To ensure that Network Performance is not degrading over the Air Interface and in terms of Radio capacity so that key contractual KPIs are met and SLA's are not breached.
3. To improve Network Performance by analysing drive test logs and interpreting network counters. This will require the use of various optimisation tools and techniques.
4. To proactively investigate problems and issues relating to poor network performance and to take ownership until resolution.
5. Carry out optimization techniques (proper antenna selection for optimal horizontal / vertical performance, mechanical / electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance, neighbor list analysis, etc.
for optimal site / cluster performance.
6. Perform link budget, design criteria and traffic analysis. Implement different networking systems to facilitate various growth oriented programs within budget.
7. Using network performance counters, identify faults down to cell level for newly commissioned sites and raise trouble tickets to the appropriate resolving team.
8. Deliver an improvement in the network performance KPIs for the optimisation clusters or individual sites assigned to you by the Lead Optimisation Engineer.
9. To support the Project Manager of technical trials (e.g. new antennas) through the analysis of network performance data and drive test logs.
10. To maintain data integrity by ensuring all databases and tools are kept up to date with the latest and most accurate information.
11. To be familiar with and strictly adhere to the latest planning and performance guidelines as well as any working level instructions issued by the customer.
12. Reviewing network performance statistics daily in order to identify and escalate any degradation in network performance and then use the trouble ticketing system to log the case, ensuring it is raised at the appropriate level of urgency.
13. Regular report production for a variety of planning and performance related activities including VIP investigations, cluster optimisation reports, project feasibility studies and justifications.
14. To support the Project Manager's dealing with network roll-out activities, for example NTQs, complex upgrades, site moves and special events.
Develop continuous improvement initiatives. Take a proactive approach to identifying and reducing bottlenecks and other network problems.
15. Try to engable Real-time monitoring of performance data or performance logs which inturn enables IT teams to proactively resolve network-based performance issues by identifying potential causes of outages before they create a negative user experience.
16. Sleeping cell Identification & Analysis.
17. KPI monitoring post major upgrade
18. KPI / Counter validation. Fixing issues related with Alarm, PM counter.
Minimum Qualification :
1. Bachelor's Degree in Electronics / Computer Engineering
2. Good Understanding of wireless technologies like NR, LTE, LTE-A, WCDMA, mMIMO.
3. Understanding of Small Cells, HetNet, Macro related features and KPI / Counters of different vendor.
4. Understanding of 3GPP standards covering procedures, call flows, KPI, statistics etc.,
5. Understanding of all NPO aspects of the RAN products.
Preferred Qualification :
1. Master’s Degree in Electronics / Computer Engineering will be an add on.
2. Candidates having experience in handling issue of Macro / RIUD / IDSC / ODSC / DRAN / Femto / COW / Sub6 / mmW
Understanding of ORAN standards is an added advantage.
3. Experience in key features like VoNR, Power control, scheduler, VoLTE, SRVCC, CA, UL CoMP is preferable.
4. Experience in quality test tools e.g. QXDM, QCAT, XCAL / XCAP, TEMS, RF Base Station Analyser and Spectrum Analyser.