NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ : NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer.
As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets.
Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has over 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.88 billion in 2019.
NXPs Wireless Connectivity's DSP team is a highly visible team involved in the design and simulation of transceiver DSP architecture, verification, silicon bring-up, RF modeling and support for production / customer issues related to PHY layer performance and implementation of next generation WiFi and narrowband wireless chip-sets.
Responsibilities for this position include, but not limited to :
1) Draw concepts from wireless communication theory to devise and construct suitable experiments to test performance and identify system deficiencies with respect to physical layer metrics like packet error rate, interference rejection etc
2) Evaluate results, identify root-cause deficiencies, and develop improvements to design wherever applicable
3) Develop automation tools and / or software using C / C++ or similar programming language to automate performance evaluation and data extraction and analysis
4) Support the evaluation and debug effort as silicon is characterized via various cycles of quality assurance all the way through production
5) Conduct PHY layer algorithm design and bit-true verification with the digital design team