Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Do you love the excitement and learning opportunity to study, analyze and deal with the most complexthreats to digital security in today's world?
Do you have the learner mindset, are willing to un-learnold skills and learn new ones every day? Are you excited by the potential of influencing the state ofsecurity of our entire company, every day?
If yes, then this opportunity is for you.We are looking for a skilled Security Analyst with a role focused on detecting and responding to threatsagainst Microsoft’s environment.
This role is part of Microsoft’s SOC (Security Operations center) withinDSRE team.About DSRE - Digital Security & Risk Engineering (DSRE), an organization led by Microsoft’s ChiefInformation Security Officer, enables Microsoft to deliver the most trusted devices and services.
DSRE’svision is to ensure all information and services are protected, secured, and available for appropriate usethrough innovation and a robust risk framework.
1. Monitoring for security threats working within Microsoft SOC (security operations center)2. Event analysis, attack identification, investigation and correlation, and implementation ofmitigation measures3.
Investigation of potential attacks and potentially compromised systems4. Leading or participating in the incident response process5.
Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize our detection capabilities6. Contribute technical and process improvements within the team
1. 5+ years of work experience, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in SOC.2. Hands on experience with incident analysis.
3. Understanding of Windows internals.4. Understanding of various attack methods, vulnerabilities, exploits, malware.5. Understanding of ArcSight SIEM Console.
6. Good understanding of networking and network security technologies (IDS, Firewall).7. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
8. Scripting knowledge in PowerShell, Python, general batch / shell scripting.9. Security certifications such as CISSP, SANS.
10. BE / BTech in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and / or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits / perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.