The core responsibilities of the team are :
1) Assist team in preparation of the firm s reporting requirement to the German Central Bank (JPMAG).
2) Ensure timely and structured reconciliations are performed while displaying strong understanding of the control framework around reconciliations and break resolution / investigation.
3) Assist in the identification and completion of manual workarounds, where necessary, to ensure completeness and accuracy of outputs in the operating and processing model.
4) Review monthly and quarterly variances, investigate tends and work effectively with the Germany team to obtain and document business commentary for management.
5) Partner with the local Regulatory Project team on new releases and assist the AG team with review of trade flows for new business initiatives.
The successful candidate will assist in the successful implementation of the FinRep project and will have the following responsibilities :
IFRS adjustment analysis and mapping to FinRep templates & Statistical reporting .
Support various lines of business & Legal entity controllers with performance reporting and other query resolution especially on regulatory reporting.
Ensure any defects are raised, monitored and re-tested for user acceptance.
Ensure financial Integrity of General Ledger data by performing control checks & follow ups as required in line with the reporting requirement.
Support for Finance Technology user acceptance testing (UAT) and project execution
Qualifications and skill sets
Personal skills :
Strong interpersonal and team working skills
A self-starter, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills
Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written - at all levels
Chartered Accountant / MBA with 1.5 to 4 years experience (will vary depend on level) preferably with financial services industry.
Investment banking product knowledge including derivatives, equities and debt securities.
Strong accounting knowledge with experience in Book closure and finalizing accounts
Ability to multi-task under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy and quality.
Good knowledge of working on templates for FINREP & Statistical reporting-
Good Communication and organizational skills including partnering skills and pro-activeness.
Strong PC skills including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access and Outlook.,