Are you fascinated by solving challenging problems in the field of distributed systems engineering and having a wide impact on a rapidly growing, global team of intelligent and motivated folks? Do you crave a highly leveraged position where you can help make work better for every engineer?!
Oracle-NetSuite is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the PSG DevOps team, focusing on the development of components, tools and processes to support application development on the NetSuite SuiteCloud ecosystem
As a member of the team, you will create and maintain solutions to support the needs of a growing team of software engineers working within the NetSuite SuiteCloud ecosystem.
We are enthusiastic about technology and its potential to transform our business. A successful candidate for this role should have:
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
• Real world experience in architecting scalable three tier systems
• Experience with code branch management and use of revision control systems
• Experience writing quality code using multiple programming languages
• Strong background in object oriented design principles
• Comfortable with Linux as the primary development environment
• Experience in using and configuring virtualized environments
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
Good to have:
It will be great if you have experience with any/all of the following:
• Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
• Building test automation frameworks
• Containerization technology
• Infrastructure automation with Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet or Chef
• Background in gradle build automation
• Strong command over design patterns and its practical applications
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.