Role / Job Summary Bigdata Hadoop Administrator (L3 Level)
Years of Experience Max of 8 Years (At least 4 years of relevant experience)
Qualification / Certification HDP (Hortonworks) Certified Administrator is preferred
1. Dedicated Hadoop Administrator to assist with Technical Guidance & Architecture on Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) and Hortonworks Data Flow (HDF)
2. Contribution for HDP / HDF Cluster Planning, Architecture Design, Review, Validation & Performance Optimization as required
3. Contribution for HDP Security implementation with Kerberos, Knox, Ranger, KMS, etc.
4. Supporting team on Data Ingestion into existing HDP using HDF and other HDP components (Kafka, Storm, Spark, etc.)
5. Supporting team on Data Governance and Data Quality using HDP Components and Integration
6. Application Deployment, Data Ingestion, Data Storage & Data Access Authorization (Sqoop, PIG, Hive, HBase, etc.)
7. HDP / HDF Platform Administration and monitoring (Ganglia, Nagios, Splunk Dashboards etc) recommendations & implementation
8. Ensuring Availability and Reliability of Data & Analytics Systems
9. Assistance on Cluster Upgrade and Versioning; best practices (Rolling & Express Upgrades)
10. Disaster Recovery : Associated Architecture; Data Replication; RTO / RPO
11. Need to work with Customer’s functional teams for Hadoop design best practices as required
12. Contribute to new Product validation, implementation & Knowledge Transfer (KT)
Experience with RDBMS admininstration ( Oracle or MS SQL or UDB DB2 or Informix )
Why Join Us
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial strength and proven expertise in innovation with a strategy of sustainable growth, aiming to be the trusted partner for its clients, committed to the positive transformations of society and the economy
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
A 100% owned subsidiary of European banking and financial services major Societe Generale (SG), Societe Generale Global Solution Centre (SG GSC) came into existence in 2000.
Established as an offshore development centre in Bangalore, also having a presence in Chennai, SG GSC has 15 years of sustainable delivery expertise to its credit, and develops global best practices to promote the strategic objectives of the Societe Generale Group.
SG GSC possesses in-depth understanding of the business processes and cutting-edge technologies across domains of Societe Generale’s diverse portfolio.
We deliver best-in-class solutions to the Group’s entities in the realm of corporate and investment banking, retail banking, specialized financing and insurance, private banking, and global investment management and services.
We place the highest importance on our employees and provide extensive opportunities for career progression and development.
SG GSC conforms to the group diversity principles, and has a multi-cultural staff representing seven nationalities, and speaking 20 languages.
Women comprise 25% of our workforce.