JOB PURPOSE :
The Collection Officer plays a critical role to aggressively pursue and collect the outstanding receivables within the India branches.
He / she is responsible to ensure the integrity of the Accounts Receivable base, and convert the receivables to cash according to payment terms.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
1. Manages the AR portfolio of branches / accounts assigned.
2. Ensure that cash collection goal is attained each month.
3. Account Receivable goals should be met on a monthly basis.
JOB CONTENT : Primary
1. Schedule and make daily collection calls on customer accounts.
2. Send statement of accounts and reminder letters to customers.
3. Monitor payment promises and follow up closely on any de-commitment.
4. Follow up and resolve all disputed account receivable balances relating to RMA, pricing errors, short-shipment, freight, etc. in a timely manner.
5. Match payments received against invoices for Cash Application Team to offset.
6. Release orders or credit block according to credit control policies set by Singapore Credit Office.
7. Diligently maintain records of collection efforts using the collection system.
8. Pro-actively discuss problem accounts with Singapore Credit Office
9. Prepare and send Aging Reports to the assigned sales branches.
10. Escalate to Singapore Credit Office any local (India) situations which may adversely impact our collection.
11. Conduct customer visit as part of collection efforts.
12. Highlight to Salespeople on accounts which may require credit review in order to support sales growth.
RECOMMENDED CREDENTIALS :