About you :
1. Should enjoy breaking down and interpreting financial models of a company to understand the basic building blocks of a company’s business model.
2. 0-1 years of experience in the application of basic concepts like financial statements, GAAP / Recurring income, ratio analysis.
3. Demonstrated experience in creating consensus models would be a plus.
4. An eye for details and the ability to identify errors in modeling based on structured rules and statistics based tools.
5. Deep expertise in specific sectors would be a plus.
6. Aptitude for problem-solving and troubleshooting.
7. Excellent academic credentials in Commerce / MBA / CFA.
Job Responsibilities :
1.Prepare insightful financial content from sell-side research using a mix of extraction technologies and Industry / Sector expertise.
2. Consistently and diligently teaching structure and components of a model to an AI system.
3.Develop and demonstrate a strong understanding of diverse business models for public-listed companies.
4. Collaborate actively within the team to improve the efficiency of the overall data collection process.
5. Surface and effectively communicate key modeling approaches among sell-side research content and highlight errors in models to improve the basic inputs of decision making for the investing community.
6. Track events for a set of companies starting with corporate earnings and M&A transactions with an eye on changes in models.
This is not an Equity Research or Financial Modelling profile. The job does offer an opportunity to know the sustainability of business models of global companies from the best minds in the business through their models and research reports.
This is an ENTRY LEVEL position and one can grow by being a champion of the System-based tools and Processes / developing Industry expertise / developing proficiency in statistical and logical elimination of inconsistencies in the data.