JCPenney Purchasing Corporation Position Description
Position : S11 - MERCHANDISER
Basic Functions :
Provides sourcing support assistance through contract process execution, supplier profile / market intelligence updates and specific source maintenance / follow up, as required.
Principal Responsibilities :
1. Assists in the development of appropriate sourcing opportunities by providing up-to-date supplier history / capability research and supplier "account" maintenance.
2. Assists with operational support for contract merchandise for samples, Quality Assurance checks, documentation, supplier-buyer / customer communication, shipments and payments.
3. Provides responsive communications and background analysis for the development of supplier / staff profiles and market updates.
Also assists in market research activities.
4. Supports smooth, efficient and effective Buyer / customer visits by assisting with trip planning and supplier meetings.
Also supports the negotiation process by providing pertinent information, as required.
Scope Data :
Reports To : Merchandise Manager / Senior Merchandiser
Supervises : Assistant Merchandiser
Direct Import Volume : N / A
Knowledge & Skills :
Education : College degree or equivalent business experience.
Experience : 2 - 4 years of retail or international trade experience
Specialized : Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken
1. Operational improvements, as required.
Key Relationships :
1. Works with Merchandise Manager / Sr. Merchandiser / Operation Managers
2. Works with Buyers and / or Sourcing Managers
Key Challenges : Decision Making :
Decision Making :
1. Makes daily operating decisions.
Job Title : Merchandiser
Location : Noida, UP, India - Unit No. 1, 2 / F. WTT Tower B WTT, C-1, Sector 16
Job ID :
J.C. Penney Company Inc.