1. Responsible for enforcing the accounting policy across the business and legal entities, any exception to be approved by the controller
2. Managing the month end activities which include closing of sub ledgers, general ledger account reconciliations, reporting and balance sheet account analysis and deliver the accurate financial statements as a part of the month end close process
1. Prepare month end Flux analysis for all P&L and Balance sheet accounts and share with controllership team along with the analysis on the reasons for the changes
2. Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and knowledge in accounting and apply this in-depth knowledge, principles and systems design to recognize complex and unique issues and develop resolution and / or consistently consult with leadership in order to achieve resolution
3. Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures and internal controls are in place, documented and also drive process improvements.
4. Responsible for Preparing and Reviewing the Balance sheet schedules for the controllership review and highlighting and taking necessary action upon the issues appropriately.
5. Manage financial close review with controllership team including month end close call, finalization of P&L accounts and Balance Sheet, Trial balance.
6. Interact and working closely with the Internal and External auditors on audit related queries and ensure smooth completion of the audits
7. Responsible for SOX compliance, manage risk assessment, internal control and get the alignment of improvements / changes from leadership / Controllership team.
8. Perform and support new business / system launches including UAT of the accounting entries and financial reporting.
9. Driving controllership as a function and provide excellent and high quality services to the customer.
10. Working closely with the client controllers on process related issues and being the first point of contact to address any escalations
11. Works with other engagements on initiatives pertaining to Record to Report and controllership function
12. Identify problems and changing requirements regarding management needs, auditing and other financial reporting requirement, accounting systems along with responsible for modifications
13. Train and Manage the team on latest accounting and policy updates and updates on impacting the processes being performed
14. Leading and developing a team circa analysts, staff accountants, team leads and managers across accounting processes
15. Guide and coach the team to develop a continuous pipeline of leaders This includes but is not restricted to setting goals, quarterly performance review of the team, providing feedback and improvement plans to the team, identifying training needs for the team members and adequately nominate them for such trainings when available and other related activities
16. Coach the team through solid reviews of the financial statements, balance sheet reviews and other financial reports Ensure that the quality of work delivered by the team is consistent and areas of improvement are identified, plan is put in place and tracked to ensure that such plan is executed and implemented
17. Backup planning, cross training, succession planning to be in place for all team members to ensure that there is consistent pipeline of talent available for team members so that new roles and growth of the company can be sustained through existing people
18. Actively participate in strategic initiatives and special projects when assigned or required and lead cross functional systems and process improvement initiatives
CA, CPA(CMA) or CWA, with 8+ or more years of post-qualification experience in Month end closing of Books of accounts / working on various Sub-
ledgers / Accounting knowledge / Balance sheet Reconciliation & Reporting activities
A solid working knowledge of Oracle Financials Application
A solid work experience with Hyperion Essbase