The key strategic objectives for this role include :
1. Provide data-driven guidance and recommendations on strategic questions posed by IN 3P Leadership
2. Design and analysis of experiments, define and analyze success metrics across fulfilment channel product and operations, pricing and selection optimization.
3. Identify opportunities / tests that drive product discovery, new customer acquisition or purchase frequency with the end goal to drive growth.
4. Conduct, direct, and coordinate all phases of research projects, demonstrating skill in all stages of the analysis process, including defining key research questions, recommending measures, working with multiple data sources, evaluating methodology and design, executing analysis plans, interpreting and communicating results
5. Partner with economists across WW teams and think of projects with IN / Global scope
6. Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
All in all, you know how to deliver results fast, and you have a deeply quantitative, highly innovative approach to solving problems, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation., BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
PhD in Economics,
5+ years of experience working in data science in a consumer product company
Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
Quantifies improvement in Customer experience or business value resulting from research outcomes
Superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts.
Strong background in statistics methodology, applications to business problems, and / or big data.
Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment.
Strong research track record.
Effective verbal and written communications skills.
Preferred specialties in behavioral economists with broad applied econometric skills are also encouraged to apply.