Date of Interview : 11th August 2018 (Saturday)
Venue : Synchrony
Address : 3B, Salarpuria Knowledge City,
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : Manager â€ Sr. Analyst - Marketing
Role Summary / Purpose :
The selected candidate will be part of Analytics Center of Excellence rolling up to Synchrony Financial, Hyderabad. The candidate would be part of the Marketing Analytics team providing valuable SAS programming and analytics expertise for the Consumer Banking business.
The role will require working / coordinating with the project manager / stakeholders.
Essential Responsibilities :
1. Create daily dashboard for leadership team to track periodical net growth, growth by product, balance flows, new accounts etc.,
2. Study and analyze existing business trends and provide actionable insights to increase balances, reduce attrition and improve cross-sell efforts
3. Communicate business results / interpretations with various partners in Finance, Operations, Credit and IT analytics teams
4. Support new product launch initiatives, and measure impact of existing and new campaigns to optimize investment and maximize returns
5. Ability to generate innovative ideas and work on strategic initiatives which would have significant business impact
6. Leverage internal and external data to understand customer propensities and derive / refine deposits strategy
7. Extract and process data from multiple sources. Support IT initiatives with UAT during database changes / updates
8. Need to create SAS / Excel reports on a need basis
9. Expertise in delivering Adhoc requests quickly
10. Provide business insights and highlighting relevant trends
Qualifications / Requirements :
1. Post Graduate / Engineering in any quantitative discipline
2. Strong Programming skills (SQL and SAS) with minimum 2 years
3. Hands-on experience in tracking and analyzing marketing campaigns
4. Experience in creating Excel / Tableau reports (Pivot tables, Graphsâ€ ).
5. Effective communication skills
Desired Characteristics :
1. Understanding of US banking business and credit cards
2. Exposure to marketing and retail concepts
3. Able to use analytics approach for problem solving, and knowledge of model development process
4. Thorough knowledge of banking and retail databases
5. Proven ability in delivering and reviewing business results with clients and peers
6. Attention to detail and able to create and quality check the reports
7. Experience in handling large data, creating reports and giving business insights
About us :
On July 31, Synchrony Financial reached its goal of an Initial Public Offering (IPO) and was listed on the NY Stock Exchange under the symbol SYF.
It was previously known as GE Capital Retail Finance. Synchrony Financial brings 80 years of experience and financial leadership under one new brand.
We offer private label credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending and FDIC-insured savings products. Weâ€™ve built relationships with national and regional retailers, healthcare providers, manufacturers and more.
We serve hundreds of thousands of clients locations across the United States and Canada. Our financial expertise spans key product areas, including electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare.
We are committed to being an employer of choice, offering competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join our team, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.
Please note that candidates for this role will not be eligible for transfers internally to other GE business
About us :
Our journey together as Synchrony began on July 31, 2014 with an initial public offering of 125 million shares on the New York Stock Exchange.
It marked our first official step in separating from General Electric Corporation and our former identity as GE Capital Retail Finance.
On November 17, 2015, Synchrony officially became a fully independent company with the finalization of an exchange offer on the remaining SYF shares held by GE.
While our company is officially new, we've been around for a long time. Our roots trace back to the Great Depression, when we began serving consumers by financing purchases of GE appliances.
Since then, we have grown into the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States (based on purchase volume and receivables) and provide a diverse range of credit products that continue to help consumers finance their purchases of goods and services.
That includes not only private label, but also co-branded credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs, and Optimizer+plus branded FDIC-
insured savings products through Synchrony Bank.
By The Numbers
85 years of history, built one customer at a time
More than 71 million customer accounts
$125 billion in financed sales in 2016
More than 15,000 employeesâ€ each integral to our business
More than $52 billion in deposits in FDIC-insured CDs, money market accounts and savings
Stronger Connections. Broader Engagement.
We've built relationships with national and regional retailers, healthcare providers, manufacturers and more. We serve hundreds of thousands of partner locations across the U.
S. and Canada, and each one is important to us.
Our financial expertise spans key product areas, including electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, other retail, elective healthcare procedures and services, and more.
Our investments in technology across multiple platformsâ€ in-store, online and mobileâ€ allow us to engage consumers when and where they want.
Our programs and tools strengthen the relationship between our business clients and their customers, driving growth and opportunity across the board.
Who we are
Synchrony (NYSE : SYF) is one of the nation's premier consumer financial services companies. Our roots in consumer finance trace back to 1932, and today we are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on volume and receivables.
We provide a range of credit products through programs we have established with a diverse group of national and regional retailers, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers to help generate growth for our partners and offer financial flexibility to our customers.
Through our partners' over 380,000 locations across the United States and Canada, and their websites and mobile applications, we offer our customers a variety of credit products to finance the purchases of goods and services.
Synchrony offers private label and co-branded Dual Cardâ ¢ credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-
insured savings products through Synchrony online banking.
Weâ€™re proud to say weâ€™ve built a culture that stands for strong values and a shared purpose. Itâ€™s a core part of our DNA, and a bold declaration of our commitment to do the right thing : for our partners, for our customers, and for our team members.
Our purpose is to pioneer the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch.
Our values mark our past, inform our actions every day, and inspire our future.
We're shaping the future of retail financing and customer engagement every day. How? We combine technology and analytics to stay ahead of emerging trends, then pilot new programs and partnerships to deliver innovative solutions fast.
Synchrony ranked #23 Best Company to Work for in India by The Economic Times and Great Place to WorkÃ’.
For further details pl logon to our website : www.syf.com