Technical Engineer Position Description Waterwerx is a startup company in the sustainability space. We develop cutting edge solutions at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds that improve the efficiency of our customers’ operations, while at the same time saving precious water and energy for a better environment.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals to join our team as a Technical Engineer. The selected individual will be an integral part of an innovative, entrepreneurial, and growing team responsible for delivering remote digital services to optimize processes remotely.
Extensive training will be provided. The job will be located in Bengaluru, India. Travel is usually not required, except for training purposes.
If you are an individual that is motivated by the notion of working in a cutting-edge start-up environment, and sharing in the success that comes from helping to build a business from the ground up, we want to hear from you.
Educational qualifications, experience and skills 1. B.E / B.Tech in Chemical, Environmental, Petrochemical or Mechanical Engineering with 1+ year experience in the process industry.
Should have 75% plus across academics if fresher. Experience can be waived for candidates who have otherwise exceptional resumes.
2. Experience with basic data analysis tools such as Excel, Minitab, SPSS, etc is a must. Preferably some exposure to advanced data analytics toolsets such as Matlab, R, Python and coding languages an added advantage.
3. Is comfortable using data to systematically interpret and solve problems. Personal qualities and attributes 1. Has an uncommon common sense and a high degree of personal maturity.
2. Comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced and self-learning environment. 3. Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with colleagues, and customers located in different regions of the world.
Responsibilities and duties 1. Assist with system audits and help identify best practices gaps. 2. Assist in automation system installation and commissioning.
3. Respond to alarms coming from systems deployed around the world to troubleshoot the problem, understand root causes and initiate corrective measures.
4. Assist with product development by identifying areas of improvement as well as opportunities to create new, innovative solutions.
5. Look for opportunities and insights to help customers improve their operations and communicate these through oral and written communication.
6. Help maintain automation systems through remote software upgrades, ensuring timely maintenance services, ensuring 100% internet connectivity etc.
7. Work with customers and global colleagues to ensure proper maintenance and service of systems. 8. Assist with marketing and supply chain tasks such as target identification, sales proposal generation, order management, vendor management etc.
9. This position requires working in night / rotating shifts. 10. The position requires oral and written English language communication with customers and colleagues around the world.
A neutral and clear accent and good grammar skills are a must.