Oracle University, the education arm of Oracle, offers comprehensive, high quality training on Oracle Technology in over 60 countries worldwide. With over 240 courses available, customers can choose what they want to learn and how they want to learn it, be it online, in the classroom or self-paced. With over 500,000 Oracle University graduates, Oracle University is the largest software training business in the world.
The Systems Development team is responsible for the development and maintenance of critical business applications for Oracle University. As a member of the Systems Development team, you will be responsible for developing robust, scalable applications which integrate learning management systems and the Oracle University web site, which has been ranked the top education web site of all enterprise software companies. In addition to technical and programming talent, our developers need to be customer focused, exhibit excellent communication skills, work well in a global team environment, be self motivated and be willing to take on varied tasks to ensure the success of our projects. Excellent command of spoken and written English is required.
- Conduct research and find solutions for complex technical problems.
- Provide technical leadership to the team and be responsible for overall project architecture.
- Be a key contributor by proactively contributing to the formation of practical and high quality solutions.
- Take personal responsibility for delivery of software components.
- Design, prototype, build, unit test, bug-fixing, and evaluation of key components of the project.
- Ability to work independently with the business users and IT team to gather project requirements.
- Write technical specifications to address business requirements.
- Computer Science or Engineering background or equivalent experience in writing enterprise software products.
- Strong Object Oriented programming skills.
- 5+ years strong Java & SQL skills.
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Commerce would be plus
- Strong knowledge of software development process (design, coding, testing, packaging, maintenance).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent modeling skills.
- Confident team player, with outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Willing to work at off hours with other regions of the world.