Aspire to Grow! Do you want to impact educators and institutions around the globe? At McGraw-Hill, the Product Team creates materials that will inspire learners at all levels.
McGraw Hill India has an opening for a Commissioning Manager / Portfolio Manager who drives the product strategy for Test Preparation by deeply understanding our customer’s needs, platforms, markets, and competitors’ intelligence.
Represents the voice of the customer for the portfolio vertical / disciplines and uses this knowledge to optimize the portfolio in alignment with business and strategic priorities.
Develop and deliver the portfolio roadmap, create revenue opportunities, present business case studies to increase the market share, build networks for author acquisition, partner with portfolio peers to identify global opportunities, and work closely with other product teams to achieve timely product releases.
Location : Noida
What you will be doing
Portfolio Management and Strategy :
1. Build and execute on the regional / local portfolio program and roadmap by strategic portfolio optimization, and effective product lifecycle management for existing test preparation publishing sectors
2. Accountable for financial revenue and profitability of the regional product portfolio and collaborating with sales and marketing to meet or exceed goals
3. Identify, develop and present effective business cases to support product lines and versions, innovations or enhancements, and new products and services
4. Leverage Human Centred Design, personas, and customer insight to ideate and creatively find solutions to customer problems and pain points
5. Establish and promote a strong and clear product vision and value proposition for product streams
Retain and recruit authors and SMEs for maximum performance, status, and influence, with effective succession planning as required Go-To-Market Collaboration
1. Champion and represent the portfolio to the region in person and virtually
2. Promote the portfolio to engage and excite the go-to-market teams through training presentations and workshops
3. Provide transparency to GTM teams and the business on product release timelines
4. Be the reliable expert who understands the regional market needs to select and promote the seasonal product focus for sales
Data-Driven Decisions and Execution
1. Produce agreed-upon portfolio roadmaps that outline the short-, mid-and long-term portfolio vision and priorities, and maintain visibility throughout the business
2. Determine allocation of investment in the portfolio through a variety of tools and data with commercial acumen honed from customer knowledge
Personal Growth and Development
1. Build and manage a personal development plan with a manager and discuss progress on a timely basis
2. Take ownership of completing training identified in the development plan by the close of the financial year
3. Be active in championing core technologies and new business platforms to support both internal stakeholders and author teams
The ideal candidate will have
1. Bachelor’s degree educational qualification; postgraduate qualifications desirable
2. 10+ years overall experience in learning science, publishing or education, or product management and development in other industries
3. 5 years experience within the Business & Economics subjects preferred
4. Experience indirectly leading and motivating the work of others
5. People management experience desirable / required if have direct reports
6. Strong market research and analytical skills