All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Designing and developing cutting-edge web applications and services on top of an emerging cloud infrastructure. This role involves writing code for big data graph visualizations, developer tools, monitoring and provisioning apps as well as their server-side parts. You will work closely with research groups, other software engineers and product managers.
Team and Product Description:
The graph team within Oracle’s Database organization develops a range of products which help Oracle’s customers to gain insights into linked data by implementing and advancing RDF and property graph data models as well as related algorithms and query capabilities. We focus on the development of graph technologies that keep Oracle at the forefront of the computer industry.
Description of the Role:
- Design, develop and maintain features for Oracle's growing portfolio of graph products, both on premise and in the cloud
- Design and develop integrations into Oracle's emerging Cloud Infrastructure
- Participate in continuous two-week sprint cycle intervals and collaborate with multiple teams for design direction
Degree level (BS/MS/PhD): BS or higher
Major(s): Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Electrical Engineering or related
- Experience with semantic HTML5, CSS3 (and a CSS preprocessor of your choice)
- Experience in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Java, Ruby, C++ or C#
Tools, software, etc:
- Experience with REST APIs and the concepts of RESTful architecture
- Preferred: Experience with popular Java Web Frameworks like Spring Boot or Jersey
- Preferred: Experience with modern software development tools like Git, Gradle/Maven, Jenkins, JIRA
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
- Preferred: experience testing code on cross platforms and browsers
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire