Under general direction, primarily responsible for activities related to the architecture, design, development, implementation, and support of the data warehouse.
1. Participates in the design of the technical and information architecture for the data warehouse, including all information structures (staging area, data warehouse, data marts, and operational data stores).
2. Focuses on enterprise-wide data modeling and database design.
3. Creates logical and physical data models, mapping logical to physical.
4. Designs, develops, tests, monitors, manages, and validates data warehouse activity, including data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing and updating processes.
5. Coordinates with other Data Warehouse IT stakeholders to ensure the overall health and performance of the data warehouse environment.
6. Works with end-users to translate business questions and requirements into applications that employ the appropriate reporting tools.
7. Assists in monitoring system performance, reliability, availability, and recoverability of the DW environment.
8. Assists in the evaluation, selection, testing, and optimization of BI / DW related hardware and software products.