Primarily responsible for ensuring Application Problem Management, Application Performance Management, Application Obsolescence Management and Vendor performance management of Applications for the Direct Banking and mobility Channels
1. Problem Management - Work on problem tickets that are logged by the incident team, Provide workarounds for mitigating application issues to reduce business impact and follow through with root-cause, testing, release management and production fix.
Engage proactively with the incident management team to identify potential problems, plan and execute suitable projects to resolve the problem.
Interfacing with Supervisors for understanding the application needs or issues with respect to technology supporting Business functions
2. Application Performance Management - Review the performance of the system on a periodic basis, identify potential system performance bottlenecks, get system architecture reviewed and change wherever required to resolve the performance bottlenecks.
Build sufficient scalability in the applications to cater to high seasonal demands.
3. Application Obsolescence Management - Review the application technology stack for obsolescence, initiate projects for the upgrade of the application software stack when applicable, plan and execute the same.
Work with ITG to setup infra for projects.
a. Planning and running meetings, effective follow-up.
b. Delivery experience (Delegation, identifying and agreeing tasks, measuring, follow-up, management by objectives)
c. Managing relationships, inter-department, peers, upwards, obtaining approval for projects, changes etc
d. Ensuring project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
e. Submits project status reports to stakeholders; plans software releases; anticipates and reacts to change.
4. Vendor Performance Management - Periodically review the performance of the vendor, document the performance of the vendor, initiate Service Improvement Plans wherever applicable, monitor the progress and do necessary escalations wherever required to supervisors.
Conduct Supplier performance review as per process.
5. Review of OS / DB Baseline and Privileged User ID on OS / DB - Review the Operating System and Database Baseline documents across all the servers pertaining to the environment and work on remediating the identified deviations or obtain risk sign offs after providing justification.
Review User Ids configuration on the OS and DB on a periodic basis as per the process and justify the creation of new IDs and modification of privileges of existing IDs
6. Contract Review - Follow Contract Risk Framework process, review the Contract and Supplier Risk as per the process and present to Function Head for approvals / sign offs
7. Change and Release Management - Initiate change and release tickets and follow the Change and Release Management processes defined for the projects and tasks initiated as part of Problem Management, Performance Management and Application Obsolescence Management.
8. Budgeting - Identify the annual recurring payments to be made for maintenance and provide the same for budgeting exercise, initiate proposals from the vendor and initiate funding notes in the system for approval.
9. Team Management - Will be responsible for handling a team of FTE as well as OS resources
Required Experience :
Qualifications - BE / BTech / BSc (IT or Computer Science) / BCA / MSc (IT or Computer Science) / MTech / MCA