Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online.
By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-
class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA.
The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About the Role : Program Manager
What can you expect from the Role?
1. You will work on initiatives that will cut across categories
2. Mix of short term projects with quick turn-around and some long term projects that will redefine the way fulfillment is done for large items
3. Projects will be a mix of Ops Excellence Initiatives improving delivery experience for customers of the Heavy and Bulky (H&B) network and Waste reduction initiatives sustainably growing the network by reducing cost of fulfillment
4. These initiatives will require active engagement with multiple stakeholders categories, supply chain, FC and Trans Ops, S&OP, other businesses across Amazon and external sellers
5. You will engage actively with Senior Leadership across functions
6. You will play the role of a thinker and an implementer in equal measure the success in this role is as much about implementing as it is about conceptualizing or strategizing
What is expected from the candidate?
1. Ability to take complete end to end ownership of an initiative till execution; subsequently setting up processes for operating teams seamlessly take over and execute on a daily basis
2. Ability to work with large data, dive-deep, identify issues analytical thinking is a must
3. Every big decision you make will involve a conflict ability to visualize the conflict, addressing the parties involved and making balanced decisions
4. Ability to engage with multiple stake holders and influence the partner teams
5. Ability to define project deliverables, timelines and set up mechanisms to track inputs and outputs for the projects; strong communication skills
6. Ability to work independently :
The candidate is expected to have 5+ years of experience post MBA. Experience in operations or supply chain, category management OR program management will be preferred