We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated professional with consulting and/or accounting/finance background to join the General Ledger Product Management team within Oracle Financials Cloud Applications. Expect a fast-paced environment where you will provide leadership and expertise in managing customer service, and the development of new solutions/services/processes.
Successful candidates will have:
· Consulting and/or accounting/finance background
· Functional knowledge or implementation experience with General Ledger and Financial applications
· Ability to lead key portions of functionality from design through implementation, acceptance and launch.
Experience in the following is also highly desirable:
· Gather and analyze business requirements and use cases
· Author functional design documents
· Build and execute unit tests and test plans
· Exercise effective prioritization skills
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
· Collaborate with our team of product analysts and developers
· Gather and analyze business requirements to define product strategy and direction
· Prioritize and translate business requirements into product designs
· Write and review functional design specifications and user stories
· Validate designs by building and executing test cases and test plans
· Review product documentation
· Build release and launch collateral for new features and bug fixes
· Effectively communicate product strategy and functionality to customers, sales, partners, and other stake holders with presentations, demos, white papers and other collateral
· Provide implementation guidance
· May have project lead role and/or supervise other personnel
· Coordinate with internal groups (technical writers, QA, sales, support, consultants)
· Monitor and manage product and support forums
· Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for the product
o Design test data and configuration for test environments
o Develop and execute software test plans; analyze and write test standards and procedures
o Identify and report software defects, usability issues, perform regression testing, reproduce problems reported by customers, and verify software defect fixes from development
o Maintain documentation of test results; analyze test results, bugs and SRs and recommend corrective actions
6+ years experience in Product Management, Applications Consulting, Accounting or Financial Planning & Analysis
· Degree: CA, CMA or MBA from reputed institute with excellent academics. Knowledge of finance and accounting domain is required
· Functional and/or implementation knowledge of Oracle General Ledger applications, journal processing, period close, reconciliation, budgeting, reporting, currency translation/revaluation
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of software development processes (design, testing, and launch)
Ability to lead and work well with team members
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.