- Five or more years of full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Managed Security Service (MSS), or enterprise network environment
- Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills
- Ability to generate comprehensive written reports and recommendations
- Write professional emails
- Coaching and training experience
- Previous experience as a point of escalation in a technical environment
- Customer interactions and creation of executive presentations
- Understanding of contemporary security architectures/devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, remote access technologies, anti-malware, SIEM, and AV
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and ask probing questions to find the root cause or a problem
- Queue management
- IDS monitoring/analysis with tools such as Sourcefire and Snort
- Experience with SIEM platforms preferred (QRadar, LogRhythm, McAfee/Nitro, ArcSight, Splunk) a plus
- Familiarity with web based attacks and the OWASP Top 10 at a minimum
- Attack vectors and exploitation
- Direct (E.g. SQL Injection) versus indirect (E.g. cross-site scripting) attacks
- Familiarity with SANS top 20 critical security controls
- Understand the foundations of enterprise Windows security including:
- Active Directory
- Windows security architecture and terminology
- Privilege escalation techniques
- Common mitigation controls and system hardening
- Anti-Virus (AV) and Host Based Intrusion Prevention (HIPS)
- Experience in monitoring at least one commercial AV solution such as (but not limited to) McAfee/Intel, Symantec, Sophos or Trend Micro
- Ability to identify common false positives and make suggestions on tuning
- Understanding of root causes of malware and proactive mitigation
- Propagation of malware in enterprise environments
- Familiarity with web based exploit kits and the methods employed by web based exploit kits
- Familiarity with concepts associated with Advanced Persistent Threats and “targeted malware”
- Experience with malware protection tools such as FireEye a plus.
- Understanding of malware mitigation controls in an enterprise environment.
- Network Based Attacks / System Based Attacks
- Denial of Service Attacks
- HTTP Based DoS Attacks
- Network Based DoS Attacks
- Brute force attacks
- Covert channels, egress, and data exfiltration techniques
- Familiarity with vulnerability scoring systems such as CVSS
- Basic understanding of vulnerability assessment tools such as vulnerability scanners and exploitation frameworks
- Denial of Service Attacks
- Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide on call support when needed
- Demonstrated experience and success in a Managed Service client environment
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
- Ability to act as a part-time on-call escalation point for security incidents
- Experience working with Incident Ticketing Systems (i.e. ServiceNow, Remedy, RemedyForce, Heat, etc.).
- General security knowledge (GCIA, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, Cisco Security, Security +, OSCP or other security certifications).
- CCNA, CCDA, CCSA, CCIE, CISSP, CEH, or MCSE.
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations ? Managed Services and Identity and Data Management. Optiv remains committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion within our organization and throughout the industry.
With Optiv you can expect:
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge", a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable).Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.