Are you customer-obsessed, flexible, passionate about e-commerce, and an entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic?
If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you. At Amazon, we set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Selection Quality &eXperience (SQX) team manages book conversion in Kindle format and its quality across 4 sites covering 400 FTEs.
This role will have a profound impact on millions of readers and content creators across the world. Help us reinvent reading!
The best thing about working for us is that it's always day 1 at Amazon. There's always something new to learn every day.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
Roles and Responsibilities :
1. Own ops prioritization and champion for operational needs in Non Fiction (NF) Tech Sprint planning.
2. Validate user stories, benefits, and impacts of new initiatives with Ops managers.
3. In coordination with ops mgmt. team, proactively identify mechanisms to identify, design, and execute UAT testing throughout implementation phase.
Prioritize findings and drive communications for resolution.
4. Measure Publisher's feedback and identify problems or areas for improvement. Provide other post-launch support on need-be basis.
5. Responsible for proactively communications between Ops and NF Tech / Internal Tech Team.
6. SPOC on all escalations between NF STT, NF Tech and Ops
7. Participates in leadership review of progress and status of operational efforts (WBR, MBR, QBR)
8. Build and maintain reporting and success metrics for NF specific operations (SLA management, AHT reduction, audit defect reporting, etc.)
9. Triages and manages escalations from the business on specific books, coordinating with ops, NF STT, or stakeholders as appropriate.
10. Manages all PM requests flowing to and from Ops teams. Drives communication and sharing findings / call-outs proactively.
11. Regularly tracks and performs audits on the effectiveness and appropriateness of set process and related metrics. Improves process, SOP, training, etc per findings.
12. Responsible for driving validation and sign-off on SOP, tooling, and process changes.
13. Owns mechanism to ensure that all Ops SOPs are up to date and iteration controlled. Proactively performs audits on the completeness of all SOP documents.
Escalates appropriately to senior management in case of process gaps.
14. Supports all Deep dive initiatives from initiation phase. Drives action items across multiple teams / processes, by communicating appropriately to the right audience.
15. Coordination with Ops Managers to ensure proper resources are assigned to maintain capacity for prioritized NF efforts
16. Gathers requirements from appropriate business owners, writes clear and detailed functional specifications, prioritizes features, and drives technical scoping as needed
17. Applies proficient knowledge of core technology and / or functional area to coordinate program design and launch within schedule and budget constraints
18. Identifies and evaluates potential risks / obstacles with minimal direction from senior program managers. Determines appropriate corrective action
1. Graduate with 10+ years of operations experience of which a minimum 6+ years in managing people and interacting with global customers / stakeholders.
2. Possess strong process improvement background, will have demonstrated experience leading / mentoring multiple complex projects
3. Experience in driving process excellence and productivity improvement
Possess excellent presentation skills
4. Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast paced environment.
5. Ability to think both strategically and tactically and to drive execution. Should be equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
6. Process improvement and Kaizen.
1. Prior experience in the capacity of operations manager / product manager / program manager
2. Ability to think both strategically and tactically and to drive execution. Should be equally comfortable with long term planning and day to day progress tracking and execution.
3. Process improvement and Kaizen.