Director - QA
Location: Hyderabad, India
Employment Type: Full-Time; Salaried
Compensation: Base Salary, Bonus, Benefits
At Innovapptive, we are bringing the industrial front-line worker, back-office and assets together. Our platform is the only patented and “Code-Free” connected worker platform for SAP and IBM Maximo and is disrupting and digitizing archaic, tedious, & labor intensive paper-based processes for maintenance, operations, & supply chain. The industrial front-line workers are empowered with a suite of highly reconfigurable mobile apps, while the back-office has real-time visibility into the front-line workforce with better planning, scheduling, adoption monitoring and actionable insights. Some of the world’s largest brands such as Newmont Mining, Dominion Nuclear, Hess, Shell, UNICEF, ConocoPhillips, Reckitt Benckiser are digitally transforming their back-office and front-line industrial worker experiences. We are saving companies millions of dollars by improving their asset uptime, productivity, safety, and talent challenges, while delivering jobs better, faster, cheaper and safer.
We are backed by Tiger Global Management, a Global Marquee Fund with over $30 Billion of Assets Under Management (AUM). Tiger Global Management has a reputation of investing and building some of the world's "Unicorn" brands such as Spotify, Netflix, Facebook, LinkedIn, Amazon, Peloton, Harry's, Ola, Flipkart, Freshworks and many more!
Our mission is made possible by Innovapptive’s most important asset: our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. Through the success of our product, we have seen monumental growth in our workforce, and we constantly look for exceptional talent to join us. At Innovapptive, you are challenged with dynamic tasks that drive your professional development and career growth. Join us on our journey to deliver an innovative connected worker experience and to empower 350 Million Industrial Front-Line Workers around the world with the ability to truly harness the power of connected worker experience by improving the working life of a front-line worker and the back-office employee.
The Director QA is responsible to help build our next generation of QA Automation as well as define, implement, and measure the practices to ensure that our products provide value to our customers by delivering reliable, defect free applications! The ideal candidate is a leader who is both technical and a people manager. The role will guide the QA and Development teams to ensure that the customer requirements are constantly met with high quality software and on time delivery.
How You Will Make an Impact:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create/Assist/Troubleshoot the development of Test Automation Framework,
- Standards, Procedures, Processes, and Best practices as related to Test Automation.
- Manage the Daily/Weekly activities of the Test Automation Team Members and support the onboarding of new team members.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to team members, colleagues and/or customers
- Support Quality Assurance Management in determining status, assessing problem areas, suggesting and reviewing corrective actions, directing/planning necessary extra work, and rework and re-plan activities
- Contribute to program/project review meetings. Support Quality Assurance
- Management in determining status, assessing problem areas, suggesting and
- reviewing corrective actions, directing/planning necessary extra work, and rework and re-plan activities
- Maintain and Guide Test Automation Suites Execution and undertake analysis of results to ensure that software meets or Exceeds specified standards and/or technical requirements
- Work with project stakeholders to determine the appropriate quality initiatives to implement during System development life cycles
- Support Quality Assurance Lead in upward stakeholder management and day-to-day Management of the Automation Test team
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other IT services, IT solution functions and customers to expedite delivery of IT solutions
- Work within quality assurance frameworks to ensure stability, efficiency and scalability
- Take responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution
- Assist in the development of quality assurance and testing policies, standards and procedures, processes, and best practices as related to automation through a Community of Practice
- Work with project stakeholders to determine the appropriate quality initiatives to implement during system development life cycles
- Provide feedback and suggestions to improve the application of basic principles and practices related to Software Development Process Improvement
- Review requirements and specifications, and define test automated test solutions
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
- Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
- Empowered to make decisions and recommend approach based on the results from quality reviews
What You Bring to the Team:
- 9-12 years of relevant experience
- Should have worked with a product company for at least 3 years.
- 8+ Years of experience in Agile environment, Test Automation and Quality Assurance
- Solid understanding of GIT and CI/CD Pipelines.
- Expertise in setting up Automation Suites in CI/CD Environment
- 8+ Years of extensive experience in various automation tools and frameworks including Selenium, Appium, Jmeter, TestNg, Katalon Studio, Robot Framework, Serenity, Gauge, Galon and others
- Experience developing API automated testing solutions using UFT, Selenium,
- JUnit, Soap UI, TestNG, and JMeter
- Ability to determine strategic direction and not just tactical.
- Strong programming and technical experience as this role will require digging
- into code and interfacing with developers and delivery managers
- Knowledge of tools and processes for results reporting
- Experience with testing big enterprise, high-traffic and multi-tier applications using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience managing teams of Automation Engineers strongly preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Motivated by delivery and speed to outcome
- Ability to determine strategic direction not just tactical
- The ability to work and team effectively with clients and other management personnel across geographies
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
- Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations under pressure
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle including the functional and non-functional test phases
- Knowledge of Quality Management techniques
- Intermediate understanding of the customer services and business processes
- Knowledge of Agile and automation processes
- Demonstrates the ability to research, formulate relevant questions and seek advice about specific concepts and practices to deepen learning and application skills related to Quality Management
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of key principles related to Software
- Development Process Improvement
- Provide supervision and direction to team members and staff
- Delegate, coach, coordinate and lead co-workers and project team members
- Leads a functional team with responsibility for utilization, assignments and reports to a pillar leader
- Responsible for training and standards for functional team performance
- Has direct responsibility for supervising personnel (i.e. set goals, assigns work, reviews performance, and conducts career development discussions
What We Offer:
- A positive, open, and highly-innovative environment and team
- Entrepreneurial spirit with unlimited opportunity to grow
- Opportunity to work with leading global brands on exciting and impactful projects
- Competitive Base Pay
- Best of plan on Vacation & Paid Time Off.
- Provision of Medical Insurance for family - self, dependent, spouse, dependent children, parents/parent-in-laws
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
- Bi-annual reviews to ensure transparency and promoting high performance culture
- OKR Driven Performance Development Environment
- Learning & Development - access to wide range of e-Learning courses (technical, Product, Process, etc.,)
- A host of Interest Groups/Clubs for Book Reading, Toastmasters, Sports - Cricket, Volleyball, Throw-ball, Badminton, TT, Music
Innovapptive does not accept and will not review unsolicited resumes from search firms.
Innovapptive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR