Senior Technical Program Manager
We help people around the world save money and live better anytime and anywhere in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices.
Each week, more than 230+ million customers and members visit our 11000+ stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries.
With last fiscal year revenues of approximately $482 billion and 2.2 million employees worldwide, Walmart is simply the largest retail business in the world.
At Walmart Global Technology centre in Bangalore, we enable an ecosystem wherein our customers can save money so they can live better by using technology for the charter of building brand new platforms and services on latest technology stack to support both our e-commerce and stores businesses worldwide.
Your Opportunity :
As a part of the Operate Program Management team you will impact the shopping of our customers to build solutions that will enable a seamless, highly scalable omni-channel transactional experience for a multi-billion dollar enterprise.
You impact the international business directly in driving technology strategies to enable the customer with the best payments and self checkout user experience.
You may have to travel to the United States and other international locations, working closely with Business Stakeholders, World Class Product Teams, and fellow globally based engineering teams, bridging the gap between business and technology worlds.
We're looking for program manager with a breadth of skills who can create and execute a plan for new strategic initiatives as well as driving compliance of new regulations across the organization.
Values and Ethics :
1. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and
Technical Skills :
1. Understands architectural paradigms, design patterns and software assets
2. Understand and track technical issues and find solutions for program problems as they arise
Organization skills :
1. Able to use organization skills to manage multiple facets of a large-scale project and track progress for several programs at once
2. Able to manage and communicate with multiple stakeholders (internal and external)
Core Program Management skills :
1. Ability to drive complex strategic initiatives with high visibility, critical timelines and multiple teams
2. Ability to foresee risks and adopt relevant risk mitigation strategies
3. Ability to drive complex strategic initiatives with high visibility, critical timelines and multiple teams
4. Ability to build relationships with internal / external stakeholders
5. Develops, drives and implements Program / Project Management practices
6. Interacts with key Business Stakeholders, Engineering / Product Leaders, and Executive sponsors.
7. Expert in understanding and driving complex solutions involving multiple stakeholders / teams to
achieve a desired outcome in stipulated time.
8. Develops, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs.
9. Leads the end to end lifecycle of IDC projects and cross functional programs from inception to
completion of rollouts.
Agile skills :
1. Is able to drive quintessential agile practices in day today routine of squads.
2. Able to coach the squad members about the ways of working Scrum, Scaled Agile or any adopted
ways of working methodology
Communication skills :
1. Excellent executive reports and exec communication skills
2. Uses written communication skills to deliver regular program reports and verbal communication to effectively talk to team members and monitor program progress
Multitasking skills :
1. Work on many tasks at once, which makes multitasking skills a must-have
Time management skills :
1. Since Technical program managers work with strict deadlines, time management is an essential component of this job
Problem-solving skills :
1. Technical program managers use problem-solving skills to isolate and solve problems with programs to keep progress on track
Your Qualifications :
based on need. Exposure to retail technology would be preferred.
start in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing environment