1) Enter commands, using computer terminal, and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment to integrate and operate equipment.
2) Monitor the system for equipment failure or errors in performance.
3) Answer telephone calls to assist computer users encountering problems.
4) Oversee the operation of computer hardware systems, including coordinating and scheduling the use of computer terminals and networks to ensure efficient use.
5) Record information such as computer operating time, problems that occurred, and actions taken.
6) Clear equipment at end of operating run and review schedule to determine next assignment.
7) Type command on keyboard to transfer encoded data from memory unit to magnetic tape and assist in labeling, classifying, cataloging and maintaining tapes.
8) Supervise and train peripheral equipment operators and computer operator trainees.