About First Advantage
First Advantage (FA) is the world's largest provider of mission-critical background screening solutions to some of the most recognized Fortune 100 and Global 500 brands in the world. First Advantage delivers innovative solutions and insights that help our clients manage risk and hire the best talent. FA offers pre-and-post-onboarding products and solutions, such as criminal background checks, drug/health screening, identity checks and biometric fraud mitigation tools, education/work history verification, driver records and compliance, and other critical screening products. We differentiate in the market by helping companies – Hire Smarter. Onboard Faster™
Leveraging an advanced global technology platform, First Advantage builds fully scalable, configurable screening programs that meet the unique needs of over 30,000 clients across the world. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA and with an internationally distributed workforce spanning 26 locations with 5000+ employees, First Advantage performs over 70 million screens in over 200 countries and territories annually.
In June 2021, First Advantage completed an initial public offering and is now a publicly listed company (NASDAQ: FA). Private equity firm Silver Lake Partners has a majority stake in the company. More information can be found at fadv.com.
If you are inspired by collaborating within a skilled team, and want to make an impact on the world’s top organizations, keep reading and apply - we want to hear from you!
Why First Advantage is Your Next Big Career Move
First Advantage is going through a technology transformation! We are looking for experts who are excited to work with advanced technologies and provide best-in-class user experiences, drive the development and deployment of scalable solutions, and smoothly guide our agile teams and clients through meaningful changes as we continue to expand our impact. Here's your chance to thought partner and innovate with enthusiastic, passionate leaders and team members who want to see you succeed! Access to ample growth opportunities within the organization.
What You'll Do
The Application Support Specialist reports to the Team lead and is responsible for investigating, documenting, and resolving reported issues in Production and Customer Test Environments. This position works on issues and requests submitted via tickets as well as email escalations and is also expected to provide debugging support during technical bridge calls for critical outages and degradations. The Application Support Specialist is also responsible for creating knowledge management documentation and submitting platform tickets for any software defects they have identified and reproduced in lower environments. He/she will also be part of an on-call rotation providing weekend and after hours support as needed.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Field incoming incident and service request tickets to resolve application and software issues within applications, servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems. Provide Tier 3 application support.
- Providing technical support to teams within the organisation, and to external clients when required
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution. Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Handle Service requests for both prod and non-prod environments
- Create and execute database queries on an ad hoc basis
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Managing ticketed query system and ensuring comprehensive database of queries and resolutions is kept up to date
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures
- Assisting with systems integrations
- Triage reported issues and participate in Outages bridge calls
- Categorizes issues and resolutions to enable trending metrics
- Performs various SRE tasks such as daily health checks
- Create daily reports on pending & closure tickets.
- Develop and share Knowledgebase to peers
- Work with QC and App Dev teams to reproduce issues and implement fixes
- Participate in RCA investigations to identify and implement permanent fixes and preventative measures
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or 5 years equivalent work experience
- 5 years’ minimum experience in an enterprise application support role
- Experience and knowledge working in SQL databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Knowledge and skills of application containers (Tomcat) and webservers (nginx, Apache HTTPD)
- Ability to debug production issues in a Linux and Windows environment
- Working Knowledge of Docker/Rancher, GitHub, Kong, Jenkins is preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to read, understand and apply complex technical information
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills are required as is the ability to multitask and work under pressure.
You’ve learned a little about us today – if you think this position and our company are a fit for your areas of interest and expertise, tell us about your professional background by applying now!
United States Equal Opportunity Employment:
First Advantage is proud to be a global leader in removing barriers and supporting our community members to ensure the changing demographics of the workforce are reflected in our hiring and employment practices. We value all of our candidates, employees, and clients, and place great emphasis on hiring and supporting qualified individuals in each role. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other area protected by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR