About Us :
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary :
Essential Responsibilities :
Qualifications / Requirements :
1) Education : Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Production from a reputed college / university
2) Minimum of 5-7 years hands on experience in Quality Assurance of rotating machines
3) Identifying areas of quality failures and taking steps to rectify those in system through process checks and audits to meet GOAL FPY.
4) Driving the FMEA & Creating the control plan for all the process including critical process
5) Validating all the special process like welding, brazing, impregnation, VPI, etc.
6) Driving the continual improvement program in line with the organization’s strategic vision.
7) Quality improvements, brainstorming with the departmental employees to identify the improvements projects to reduce rework, waste, zero hour failures and customer complaints.
8) Analysis of rejections in Process, Testing, Final assembly.
9) Executing various Quality tools (like 8D, CAPA, Pareto chart etc.) to solve various in-process rejections.
10) Should complete 8D for all Line rejections (repeat rejections) thoroughly by identifying the right RCA.
11) Completing the 8D for each customer complaint.
12) Involved in Poka-Yoke for mistake proofing.
13) Implementation of 1S, 2S at plant level.
14) Team formation, training & skill improvements at all levels.
15) Preparing day wise, weekly, monthly (& annually) reports of in process rejections, incoming rejections, reports and circulation to all employees for awareness to current improvements etc.
16) Interacting with suppliers & sub-contractors for continuous improvements in quality through proper feedback, conducting Quality Audits, their corrective action and feedback.
17) Upgradation of testing & measurement facility.
18) Leading monthly Quality Review Meeting for brainstorming on Quality performance and rejection.
19) Testing of field returned Alternators & motors.
20) Well convergent with Alternator & Motor standard IS, IEC.
21) Conducting process Audits, sub-contractor audit, supplier audits as per audit plans with sharing audit observation and responsible for closures of non-conformities observed.
22) Internal Auditor for ISO 9001 : 2008.
23) Maintaining all quality related records as per ISO9001 : 2008 system.
Site returned machine management,
1) Acknowledge customer complaint or Zero-hour failure.
2) Get the first line information on complaint type.
3) Inspect & test the field returned Alternator & motor, dismantle and analyze the cause of failure.
4) Identify the OK / Reject parts and move the parts to respective location in SAP / Oracle.
5) Close the complaint & circulate report to customer along with corrective action.
Desired Characteristics :
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently.
Locations : India; Pune