Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future.
From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected.
We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and / or maintains software systems. Working on one or more specific modules within a large software system scope.
What will your job look like?
1. Engineering - Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and / or maintains software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
Follows Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology (such as design-led thinking, DevOps, etc) and release processes.
Ensures code is well designed, testable, maintainable, scalable and supportable. Develops software verification plans and automation and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
Promotes system reliability and operability. Provides demos of software products to stakeholders.
2. Investigation - Investigates issues by reviewing / debugging code, provides fixes (analyze and fix bugs) and workarounds, reviews changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions.
3. Analysis - Analyzes requirement documents / HLDs. Performs impact assessment (for example, for critical production issues) and contributes to Root Cause Analysis of issues and outlines corrective actions.
4. Team Work, Collaboration and Empowerment - Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, provides comments and suggestions, makes decisions together quickly and effectively, and works with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
Work as technical interface with other teams to resolve issues related to interfacing functionalities.
5. Technical Ownership - Assumes technical accountability for his / her specific work products within an application and provides technical support during solution design for new requirements.
Ensures that documentation related to specific modules / applications is correct and up to date. Performs peer code inspection, reviews developed solutions, and provides relevant feedback.
Can work independently, can tackle more complex tasks and are proficient in the expected competencies and knowledge
6. Innovation and Continuous Improvement - Actively searches for innovation, continuous improvement and efficiency in all assigned tasks.
7. Quality and SLAs - Contribute to meet various SLAs and KPIs as applicable, for example, Responsiveness, Resolution, Software Quality SLAs, etc.
Ensures assigned tasks are completed on time and delivery timelines are met in accordance with quality targets of the organization.
8. Onboarding and Knowledge Sharing - Onboard new hires and train them on processes. Shares knowledge with team members.
9. Breaking the Silo - Exhibit curiosity and interest in acquiring cross application knowledge, and demonstrating "breaking the silo" in practice
11. Code Structural Quality - Play active and continuous role towards software quality improvement. Harness tools like SONAR for improving code structural quality.
Critical Experiences :
Excellence Standards :
Why you will love this job :