Experienced DBA with strong Oracle Database Administration background.
Database Monitoring, Troubleshooting, Administration, Backup and Recovery, Space Management, Performance Architecture Planning and Tuning in a 24x7 Production environment.
High Availability - Real Applications Clusters and Data Guard - Architecture implementation, Installation, Configuration and Administration.
Analysis and Troubleshooting of SQL queries and provide performance improvement recommendations.
Additional skills desired -
Oracle Applications(11i/R12) Administrator
Oracle Fusion Middleware
Oracle Identity Management
Oracle SOA Administration/Development
Ideal candidates should have a minimum of 5 to 15 years experience in customer support or consulting roles.
Excellent written and Oral Communication skills are mandatory. Job requires frontfacing customer, maintaining and developing customer relation.
Knowledge desired in
- Administration, Configuration, Upgrades, Patching and Installation of Oracle Applications products (Release 11i and 12) including Oracle databases ((Release 10g and above).
- Planning, Preparation and Execution of Production systems - Isolate and troubleshoot issues related to various Oracle Application Products, Databases and underlying Operation systems and other Infrastructure components.
- Analysis and Troubleshooting of SQL queries and provide performance improvement recommendations.
- Database Monitoring, Troubleshooting, Administration, Backup and Recovery, Space Management, Performance Architecture Planning and Tuning in a 24x7 Production environment.
- High Availability - Real Applications Clusters and Data Guard - Architecture implementation, Installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Large Enterprise EBS Applications Deployment Experience.
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (Release 11g and 12c)
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)