What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent : it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the extra mile to achieve unthinkable results.
It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world.
If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
This position is for a physical design engineer in AMD’s Radeon Technology Group working on next generation graphics processors.
Responsibilities include Block and / or Chip Level Floor planning, Bus / Pin Planning, Clock Tree Synthesis, Placement, Optimization, Routing, Parasitic Extraction, Static Timing Analysis, IR drop analysis, Physical Verification and Sign Off.
Flow automation using perl / tcl programming.
1. MSEE or MSCE with 0-1 years of experience or BSEE / BSCS with 1-2 years of experience in ASIC Physical Design from RTL to GDSII
2. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills along with attention to details.
3. Tasks to include RTL Synthesis, Placement, Clock tree synthesis, Optimization, Routing, Parasitic Extraction, Static Timing Analysis, IR drop analysis, Physical Verification and Sign Off
4 Knowledge or Hands on experience in taping out 14nm, 16nm, 20nm, 28nm, 32nm, and / or 40nm SOC
5. Working experience on CAD tools from Synopsys, Cadence and Mentor Graphics
6. Strong communication, Time Management, and Presentation Skills
7. Must be a self-starter, and be able to independently and efficiently drive tasks to completion
8. Ability to be an effective team player