All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
About Us: Technology is fueling a change in finance. Visionary finance leaders view applications and technology as a service. Oracle ERP Cloud is the leader in leveraging emerging new technologies to deliver the most modern SaaS applications and ensure scalability and performance. Oracle Financials Cloud has set a new standard for the way companies innovate, work, and adopt technology. The Financials Cloud, which is at the heart of the ERP cloud, is the most comprehensive, integrated, and scalable financial management solution available and revolutionizes how finance users interact with data and make decisions. Oracle Fusion Receivables, a key part of Financials Cloud, has a world class, modern standards based user interface that provides real-time information about financial transnational activities in order to cash flow, pinpoints issues that require attention, and helps you prioritize your day-to-day activities. Our goal is to continue to innovate using the latest in technology to provide unprecedented insight, analytics, integration, and automated business flows with the richest user experience. Our service offering has to meet the highest quality standards and upgrading our automation test methodologies and execution is a key initiative to meet these high standards.
As a Senior Application Engineer in the team you will need to
• Collaborate with product managers, product owners, and other stake holders for understanding the requirements , coming up with user stories/backlog items
• Lead the technical solution approach/technical design/testing strategy driven by customer/usage data along with the automation design
• Work in a DevOps culture that includes taking complete ownership and driving the collaboration with peer teams, cloud operations and technology stack to see through any task for end-to-end delivery.
• Have passion to discover the true technical / operational requirements associated to the new feature requests that demonstrates exceptional customer relationship skills, provide alternate technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet strong customer commitment timelines with best possible solution.
• Possess expert knowledge in performance, building large scale enterprise applications , system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Develop ultra-scalable and highly reliable designs specs that include fault-tolerance , automatic recovery in error scenarios along with strong diagnostic approaches.
• Be obsessed over customer satisfaction , operational excellence, evaluate system performance and security
• Identify and solve technology-related bottlenecks and provide enhancements to existing code base.
• Design and deliver robust automation tests to validate the user stories / backlog items
• Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or in related technical discipline.
• 4 to 8 years of Software development experience of Core JAVA with Web Development preferably with Oracle ADF and SQL/PLSQL.
• Proven track record of building large-scale, fault-tolerant , high performing , highly scalable software products with experience on managing complex projects.
• Demonstrated expertise in system-level design, and experience with web services and service-oriented architectures.
• Expertise in different performance tuning approaches in JAVA / SQL or in related technologies.
• Experience in Rest API and micro services will be a preferred skill.
• Should be able balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions be it on the technology or in designing the application.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Experience with AI/ML would be a preferred qualification. Building smart unit test automation with different tools.
• Assist in the continual hiring and development of technical talent to help the organization grow.
• Should be an inspirational technical leader who can set high standards with in the team.
• Justify the Ideas always with detail-oriented facts with a quantification mentality.
• Should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire