About the Company
At Slate Technologies we are bringing fresh minds and tools to the world of Smart Buildings, Smart Infrastructure, Sustainability, architecture, and construction. With a credible team from world renowned institutions, we are leading the way in transforming the way buildings and Infrastructure comes to life.
Better decisions happen in construction when you have better context, without context stakeholders are unable to see the right information, at the right time to make confident and quick choices. That's why we created Slate, a Virtual Digital Assistant that helps you identify and evaluate information in your business so that you can make better decisions, save time and money and improve project outcomes.
Our mission at Slate is to help improve each construction professional impact construction productivity by revealing the timely context that helps them make earlier, better decisions. Slate’s “Digital Assistant'' uses machine learning and AI to execute multi-dimensional analysis across internal and external data sources. This includes public data such as weather, labor and traffic with the dark data locked in silos and non-integrated systems within their own and sub-contractor organizations.
Want to join us on this incredible journey?
What You Will Be Doing
As a Software Engineer, you will be working on product development and be on the forefront of advancing Construction Management processes through different technologies, enabling companies to adapt Lean Construction technologies. In this role, you will work through all facets of software development: design, prototype, implementation, testing and documentation.
Location: Bangalore, India
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, prototype, implement, test and troubleshoot source code of product features.
- Create server-side implementations for the ONX products, primarily in the Cloud, Collaboration space.
- Create high level software design (HLSD) documents and outline software solutions.
- Prepare accurate implementation task lists / time estimates and deliver assignments as per functional specifications, quality standards and project schedules.
- Work both independently and as an integral member of a high-performance team
- Work with Product Design and deliver solutions that are innovative, functional, and meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate with Platform product support team and developers worldwide.
- Work closely with Quality Engineers in unit level testing and problem resolution.
- Provide input to Technical Publications and review documentation of key features.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent. MS or higher degree preferred.
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in developing web products. Strong NodeJS, MongoDB, Postgress database experience with focus on Server-side development and database design.
- Experience in developing highly scalable cloud applications.
- HTML5, CSS3 based development, and preferably interactive and graphics intensive sites.
- Strong understanding of web technologies, web services, communication protocols, (REST, SOAP APIs) and proven track record in developing communication between desktop applications and web services.
- Good understanding of Cloud services like AWS, Azure.
- Understanding and application of object-oriented design, design patterns, complex data structures and algorithms.
- Good analytical and design skills at product level.
- Experience with working on code enhancements within a large, complex software system.
- Ability to multi-task between complex projects
- Familiarity with software development process, including specification, quality assurance and documentation
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Experience in performance measurement and tuning.
- Experience in web services with strong mobile interactions.
- Proven experience in the development of CAD/AEC applications.
- Passion for developing robust software and writing maintainable code.
- Keen interest in new technologies and their timely adoption.
- Willingness to work extended hours as required to deliver projects.
- Ability to work well in a team to deliver on team goals.
- Flexibility under changing conditions and ability to multi-task between projects.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English language.
- Self-directed and require minimal supervision.
If this sounds like you, you should apply right away so we can discuss how you can be a part of this exciting, fast-paced organization!
Slate Technologies, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR