Skill set Requirements :
1. Proven independent and direct capability at building, configuring, and upgrading CICS Transaction Server regions in a production environment.
2. Proficient with associated product installations, applying maintenance, customizing products, configuring products
3. Proven problem determination skills demonstrating independence and experience in troubleshooting, researching, and resolving complex issues, showing strong ability to utilize system diagnostics to arrive at problem solutions
4. Demonstrated strong problem solving skills, including dump reading and use of performance monitors like CA-Sysview.
5. Understanding of SMP / E concepts and IBM tools for identifying problems and fixes (IBMLink, SIS, ETR, etc.). Proficient with SMP / E (commands, terminology, problem determination).
6. Build from scratch as well as clone CICS regions to be used in single, MRO or CICSPlex environments
7. Use CICSPlex Web-User-Interface to create and administer changes in CICSPlex environments such as transaction route rules and real time analysis
8. Create historical reports using Tivoli and SMF data in response to customer inquiries regarding transaction response time, storage & CPU usage, file i / o counts, wait reasons, etc.
9. Monitor CICS performance using Omegamon and TMON in response to client calls about transaction response time, storage & CPU usage, file i / o counts, wait reasons, etc.
Perform upgrade activities required when moving CICS, CPSM or CTG to newer versions or releases
10. Read and interpret CICS system dumps
11. Install, customize, maintain 3rd party products such as Compuware's Abed-Aid / CICS, Xpeditor, CAFC, MacKinney Batch to CICS, etc.
12. Participate in annual Disaster Recovery exercise activities : attending meetings, making CICS resource definition changes, monitoring network swing traffic, etc