Harsco Corporation is a global market leader providing environmental solutions for industrial and specialty waste streams and innovative technologies for the rail sector.
The 12,000-employee company operates in more than 30 countries. Harsco’s common stock is a component of the S&P SmallCap 600 Index and the Russell 2000 Index.
Additional information can be found at .
I. Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities 1. We are looking for a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist to process and manage the company’s payroll.
You will be the one to calculate wages based on HR inputs and administer payments. 2. Responsible for managing & administering the employee Payroll and ensuring compliance and accuracy in monthly Payroll activities.
3. The role is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of payroll. 4. Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data into the payroll system, as well as retrieving data when necessary.
5. Knowledge of using the Greytip software system is preferable. 6. Reconciling payroll sub-ledger to the general ledger.
7. Knowledge of basic accounting for preparation of Salary JV’s. 8. Good knowledge of Labour Laws, remitting payroll taxes, and various governmental reporting.
9. Prepare and process monthly statutory payroll payments such as Provident Fund, Professional tax, NPS, LWF, Income Tax, etc.
10. Prepare and submit all Labour compliance-related returns such as Provident Fund, Professional tax, NPS, LWF, Income Tax, etc.
11. Generate Payroll MIS and reports as requested by management 12. Handle employee taxation matters, Payroll tax deduction at source, TDS returns filing, TDS challan payments etc.
13. Co-ordinate with labour law consultants, and various labour law-related government departments to carry out various compliance and resolve employee matters.
14. Handle employee reimbursement and travel settlement request, audit Oracle i-expense reports. 15. Process owner to control organization travel and reimbursement policy adherence.
16. Preparing monthly, quarterly, and year-end payroll statements. 17. Processing of employee travels and reimbursements.
18. Developing ad hoc financial and operational reporting as required
I. Basic Qualifications A. Education