We are on the hunt for a Software Developer to join our team and make the most of working in a fun environment while learning from the best. The incumbent is expected to write functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects and must be passionate about designing and developing enterprise applications.
Role: Software Developer
Location: Magarpatta City, Pune.
Experience: 3 – 5 + Years
About the team
The Automated Conversion and Document Creation (ACDC) team at Springer Nature, Pune is responsible for delivering solutions related to Journals and Production Systems for Scientific, Technical and Medical Publishers (STM Publishers) and Education Publishers around the world.
Our teams incorporate the latest technologies to streamline and automate manuscript submission processes (Peer Review process), production workflows, and maintain metadata for our customers; this helps our customers to continuously improve their business response time and revenue stream.
Every project is implemented in a distributed agile environment while continuously collaborating with customers stationed at various locations around the world.
Technical Skill Set: .Net, Perl, Web API (C#), RestFul Web Services, NoSQL (Big Plus), TDD, and Unit Testing.
- You will help us continuously improve our platform
- Together we will create best in class services that support the needs of our customers
- Taking part in team ceremonies like grooming, planning and retrospective
- Develop new features/modules.
- Improve code quality by doing pair programming or code reviews
- Continuously improve and monitor our product
- Key Responsibilities
- Own and consistently deliver high-quality end-to-end product features while keeping in view technical and business expectations
- Add meaty features to the product which will deliver substantial business value
- Pioneer clean coding and continuous code refactoring
- Understands and appreciates the existing design and architecture of the product.
- Understands the pros and cons of the various technology options available
- Takes technical ownership of some of the sub-systems of the product
- Makes changes in the product designs to achieve the required business value/mileage
- Identify and address technical debts
- Understands the technical vision and road-map of the product and expectations
- Understand the purview of key pieces of deliverables and own few of these pieces
Day at work
- Pioneer proof of concept of new technologies while keeping in view product road-map and business priorities
- Self-study and share his / her learning within the team and across teams
- Provide required help to other team members
- Pioneer in various team events and work towards objectives of these events
- Make meaningful suggestions to make ceremonies more effective
- You have several years of experience with Software Development.
- You have worked successfully with product teams in the past and ideally have experience working with cross-functional teams.
- You like working in a collaborative environment where there is collective ownership of the code.
- You work in Continuous Integration and always strive for Continuous Delivery.
- You like to share and enable others to increase your whole team's performance
In return, we can offer a challenging role where the right candidate will be given the support needed to achieve their objectives, but at the same time the freedom and responsibility of independent working, and helping to evolve the development process through continuous improvement and creative solutions.
Batchlors degree with relavent work experience.