VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), a VMware offering in exponential growth mode, is a hybrid cloud infrastructure platform to run modern workloads, from mission-
critical workflows to containerized apps, in the private cloud, public cloud, and at the edge. VCF integrates compute, storage, networking, security, and cloud management services, including support for modern composable hardware, to create a consistent, and dynamically configurable, infrastructure.
We have ambitious goals to expand VCF infrastructure in a way that makes it simpler to run these modern workloads, which are distributed, hybrid, multi-
cloud and elastic. That involves turning these full stack infrastructure clusters, hardware(s) plus software(s), into programmable, intelligent, intent-
driven software endpoints. deployed, secured, and easily managed at scale, like a software CI / CD pipeline. The infrastructure is intent-
driven, whereby an application can provide its runtime characteristics and requirements of the infrastructure and expect the entire stack to configure itself intelligently.
The infrastructure also reconfigures or maintains itself on a ongoing basis, to support these hybrid applications’ dynamic, elastic needs.
We are looking for a Hands-On Tech lead with extensive experience developing Cloud / System Management software to join the VMware Cloud Foundation(VCF) R&D Group.
1) Responsible for design and development of Cloud Managreement software using Hyper-Converged solution spanning on-prem and off-prem infrastructure.
2) Develop modular software components & solutions in an agile fashion.
3) Collaborate effectively in a very fast paced environment across worldwide teams
4) Proactively identify technical risks and develop mitigation strategies for execution
5) Provide leadership in software development methodologies, best practices and Hands on with POC development
6) Architect and design solutions using VMware, Partner and Open Source Technologies
1) Skilled and experienced in developing enterprise grade cloud / system management software
2) Strong understanding of infrastructure & virtualization technologies (compute, networking and storage)
3) Good working knowledge of Java, Spring and OOP concepts in product based organizations
4) Very strong design and development experience in distributed, clustered and multi-threaded applications
5) Minimum of 12 Years of enterprise software development experience
6) Hands-on experience with CI / CD tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, Maven, Gradle
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in a related discipline required. An advanced degree (MS or PhD) is highly desirable.