All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
- Minimum 6 Years experience as a Oracle database engineer/DBA
- Very thorough and clear understanding of Oracle Database Architecture - including the latest version or Oracle.
- Extensive knowledge and solid troubleshooting experience in the following areas
RAC, ASM, Exadata, Performance tuning, Data Guard (Physical and Logical) - Including active dataguard and DG broker, RMAN
- Experience in database migrations, upgrades, patching
- Experience in troubleshooting various installation and patching issues
- Experience in Golden Gate and Exadata is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure - quick thinking and remaining calm during stressful situations.
- Willingness to work in shifts and on weekends .
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical issues.
- Appetite to learn new technologies and constantly improve technical skills.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will interface with the customer*s IT staff on a regular basis. Either at the client*s site or from a remote location, you will be responsible for resolution of moderately complex technical problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use and repair/workarounds for Oracle products. You should be highly experienced in some Oracle products and several platforms that are being supported. You will be expected to work with only general guidance from management while advising management on progress/status.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction is essential. A Bachelor*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred with five years related experience. Experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools is important.
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire