1) Create, introduce, design and enhance company product(s) to meet the management and market requirement.
2) Provide thought leadership on latest technology trends, identify strategic opportunities for both existing and new markets and help to build relationship with current and potential customers.
3) Accelerate the creation of market insights and new ideas through opportunities such as ideation workshops and campaign.
4) Conduct feasibility assessments on new product concepts or product improvement opportunities.
5) Ability to develop project plan from mission statement to final assessment.
6) Translate business priorities into actionable, clearly communicated product stories for engineering
7) Provide technical leadership to R & D's New Product Innovation group.
8) Work closely with Marketing and Sales to assure that all new product development projects are completed accurately and on time.
9) Coordinate technical development efforts with appropriate external business functions to meet business objectives.
10) Coordinate with other departments (Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Purchasing) to determine equipment needs, materials and processes necessary to produce new products.
11) Generate new value for existing core map products and their respective lifecycle management and maintenance.
12) Assure technically sound research is conducted.
13) Comply with engineering codes and regulations as applicable.
14) Guide design team and to develop new products as required and to manage projects from planning through implementation.
15) To enhance design of the existing product range.
17) Work on reducing the cost of units from manufacturing point of view.
18) Awareness of competitors- products and to take necessary actions to keep ahead of competitors.
19) Guide design team to participate in VE (value engineering) activities.
20) Optimum utilization of resources (both human & technical) to achieve the quality of design and drawings, confirming to job specifications.
21) Develop and coordinate testing of design concepts as necessary to validate new designs.
22) Searching and implementing new technologies to be used within design division.
23) Responsibility for the overall integrity of the products from design point view. This includes leading the development of effective and robust design solutions which meets all project objectives.
24) Promote team work and develop effective work relationships within team members as well as with other departments. Integrate their inputs to overall technical success.
25) Provide the team with a vision of the process, design standards, techniques and tools to support task performance.
26) Evaluation of the team and identifying their education, qualification and needed trainings.
Qualification & Experience :
ref : engineeristic.com)