1. Monitor databases to gather resource consuming queries, maintain SQL server replication, Clustering, backups, ETL SSIS jobs, and encryption.
2. Review and debug SQL Server code including adhoc queries, views, stored procedures, functions and triggers for modernization and performance improvements.
3. Maintain, review and apply appropriate indexes for new and existing queries.
4. Provide SQL Server administration in MS SQL Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016 and a large SQL DB environment and High Availability technologies (Always On and Replication).
5. Review alerts and remediate any issues that may arise from blocking, deadlocks and poorly performing code using extended events, execution plan analysis.
6. Analyze SQL query plans, suggest and implement solutions to support developers in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
7. Install, configure and upgrade database management systems and software including clustering environment.
8. Refine and automate security lockdown processes.
9. Configure, maintain and optimize database backups using native backup functionality and Idera Sql Safe.
10. Use PowerShell and SSIS to automate monitoring and alerting functions of SQL Server.
11. Ability to debug and push to production SSIS and large stored procedures for ETL.
12. Ability to take calls on a 24x7 basis as first level DBA support.
1. B.E / B.Tech or equivalent degree in Information Systems, or related field.
2. 5+ years of SQL Server code development & general administration.
3. Strong experience of High Availability technologies (Always On, Replication, etc.)
4. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, think outside the box.
5. Proven working experience as a Database administrator.
6. Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, monitoring and integrity.
7. Strong experience with indexing concepts & code tuning techniques.
8. Experience in git version control desired.
SHIFT TIME : US Shift (6.00 PM To 3.00 AM-IST)