ABB is a global technology leader in industrial digitalization. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees.
In India, ABB has been operating for over a century. At present, we have 40 factories at 9 locations that develop best-in-
class products bringing together global expertise, with local experience. India is also home to ABB group’s largest engineering design and R&D center, where our engineers work on cutting-
edge technologies to develop the future offerings from engineering tools to analytics solutions.The India Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning.
However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub within PG Division and HDVC and FACTS engineering center outside ABB Sweden.
The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids division’s Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports ABB units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid division.
To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
1. Preparation of SLD, Protection Block Diagram, Interlocking logics and Data sheet for HV equipment.
2. Selection of protection relays, IEDs and metering system.
3. Relay setting calculations, CT VT sizing and Battery Sizing calculations.
4. Prepare and validate schematics of Control and Protection panels, manufacturing documents and cubicle drawings.
5. Coordination with Primary, FAT, Project management and commissioning activities and resolve issues arising in each of these stages.
6. Interface Engg with Primary equipment and SCADA systems.
7. Cable engineering.
8. Auxiliary power system design.
9. Support to Tendering / Estimation activities.
10. Project Planning, Resource allocation and monitoring of workload for self and others in the team.
11. SCADA signal list preparation.
12. Documentation of project deliverables, minutes of review meetings, lessons learnt and knowledge sharing sessions.
Proficiency in required design tools (E3, Elmaster, AutoCAD, Microstation, ETAP)
Knowledge of relevant International standards ex. IEC, ANSI etc
Detailed knowledge on relevant area of work
Years of experience : 7-10 years with Bachelors Engineering