The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for establishing, growing, and managing overall Professional Scientific Services (PSS) within India. This includes operations, business development support, client service engagement, monitoring metrics, and leadership, morale, and development of scientific teams providing services in biopharmaceutical client environments. Eurofins offers as part of its laboratory offering Managed Insourcing Services named, Professional Scientific Services (PSS) when clients prefer to keep service needs in-house. PSS is the leader in offering insourcing managed laboratory services to the Biopharmaceutical Industry. We are seeking to expand into the Food, Environment, and Product Testing Space as well. This newly formed country role is due to our current and future expansion in the India market.
The PSS County Manager is responsible for creating teams uniform and consistent with PSS Global Policies and Practices with the support of the PSS Senior Leadership. The PSS Country Manager is responsible for implementing new projects with clients, agreeing upon KPI’s, handling implementation, and client education to ensure compliance with the insourced model with utilizing PSS teams, and ensuring leaders and teams are fully engaged, motivated, supported, and developed. PSS teams are comprised of Eurofins full-time technical staff and on-site PSS leadership who provide distinct scopes of work services to support clients with their scientific initiatives. The PSS Country Manager is ultimately responsible to directly manage on-site PSS leadership and to ensure proper implementation, compliance within the model, operational excellence, and highly engaged teams to exceed our clients’ expectations.
This position is a strong combination of managing operational excellence, leadership, coaching and development, and superlative client service using HR best practices.
- Working with the country BD leadership and teams to create PSS BD strategy and ensure its execution by monitoring and contributing to goals by presenting PSS presentations to clients.
- Create pricing, RFP responses, and participate in the finalization of commercial contracts, Scope of Work definition, and obtainment of PO’s, and participation in the information needed and proofing of invoices.
- Lead and ensure proper implementation of new projects with clients ensuring compliance with use of the PSS managed service model. Ensure Metrics are agreed upon to measure the value and success of PSS services.
- Take lead role in recruitment to ensure highly qualified and motivated teams are in place including the PSS on-site leader. This included creation of position descriptions, posting of positions, reviewing resumes, screening, interview, and selection with the support of HR and recruiting.
- Host Day 1 new hire orientation in collaboration with HR country support and facilitate specific PSS onboarding including overview of Eurofins policies, compliance with the PSS model, technical core training, quality training, safety, and assurance of PSS core values are adhered to and recognized.
- Effectively organising, coordinating and managing the PSS teams so that productivity, quality, documentation, work schedules, safety and housekeeping are run at maximum efficiency. Ensure all teams receive LEAN introductory training and work with teams to find process improvements.
- Coach and develop on-site leadership. Set and monitor clear expectations to ensure compliance and uniformity of the PSS model.
- Host at minimum monthly team meeting including Eurofins updates, development topics, updates on metrics, teambuilding, reward and recognition, with the goal of fostering morale and retention.
- Ensure on-site leadership is meeting regularly with employees to ensure proactive development.
- Ensure the client gets the best possible service by continually monitoring, following up with clients at least monthly, and ensuring agreed upon metrics are met, teams are demonstrating continual process improvement and best practice in relation to both KPI’s being met, and ensuring 100% ethical work standards and GMP compliance.
- Host governance at minimum quarterly to report on service deliverables and ensure client satisfaction.
- Build and manage client relationships. Establish and maintain clear lines of communication and rules of engagement between the client and the team members ensuring clients are highly satisfied.
- Development, coaching, motivation, and morale of team members, both leadership and analyst level, through effective teambuilding and use of reward and recognitions systems celebrating team success.
- Develop and mentoring of analytical leadership to ensure sub-teams are meeting all client metrics, team objectives are clear and teams are motivated to achieve those objectives.
- Manage a system for tracking staff morale, development and stability in order to maintain a minimum level of staff attrition.
- Communicating and reporting on expected goals to PSS Senior Director on ensuring quality, service, compliance, client and employee engagements goals are being met.
- Review and improve commercial work practices and cost savings. Responsible for identifying areas where efficiencies may be improved and liaising with the client appropriately about any proposed improvements. Collaborate with other management peers as necessary.
- Forward planning of activities in order to ensure all metrics are met, and to maximise the use of internal and client resources during training periods.
- Ensuring that a system is in place where work is scheduled and the schedules are communicated to the relevant personnel. Ensure proper approval of time off requests are managed properly with PSS on-site leadership and in compliance with Eurofins policies.
- Deploying Lean strategies across PSS sites and training other PSS staff in this system.
- Actively involved in the recruitment of new team members within new and existing teams to ensure metrics are met.
- Ensure a system is in place for facilitating cross-training, so that the service levels agreed with the client are achieved.
- Ensuring that the PSS team meets its financial goals as defined by the budgetary process. Responsible for generating invoice details for the Finance Department.
- Responsible for generating a monthly report on Quality, Productivity, Client Satisfaction and Team Performance, for senior Eurofins Lancaster Labs personnel.
- Develop and/or deliver PSS training modules to new team members and refresher training as required
- Ensure that all analysts are trained and have completed training records for all tests and other training completed.
- Ensure performance expectations are set in writing within the first month of all new hires and performance appraisals are carried out with their direct reports, and ensuring they are carried out throughout the teams as part of the overall performance management program within the organisation.
- Continuous feedback to all members of their team on all items in relation to client or Eurofins organizational requirements / changes.
- Ensure proactive and responsive solutions to client requests and concerns. Manage any issues quickly and effectively to immediate and consistent resolution and to clients’ expectations.
- Overall responsibility for the cleanliness and tidiness of the PSS team work environment, and the safety of the PSS teams on the customer site.
- Identify any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement
- Demonstrate positivity, professionalism, integrity, quality and improvement focus, client service orientation, effective problem solving and coaching, adaptability, collaboration, high self-awareness, energy, organization skills, productivity and efficiency, emotional intelligence, a strong concern and value of employees, and inspirational role model leadership
Decision-Making / Financial Authority
- Decision-making includes assurance PSS P/Ls that are set are met working in collaboration with direct and indirect leadership
- PSS Senior Leadership
- PSS colleagues including peers, support, and teams
- A degree in a related discipline is required.
- At least 5 years’ relevant technical experience with at least 2 years’ managing and leading teams
- Business development and client service experience preferred
- Excellent leadership skills and at least 2 years previous management experience
- HR experience including recruitment, performance management, and reward and recognition
- Previous responsibility for approving valid analytical measurements.
- Sound, fundamental knowledge of processes within pharmaceutical and medical device industries
- Thorough understanding of requirements for working in a GMP environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and to form strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be capable of developing solutions to problems as part of a team.
- Willing to operate in a flexible manner and be able to switch priorities at short notice.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate high energy, influence, positivity, professionalism, verbal and written communication and articulation, adaptability, integrity, quality and improvement focus, client service orientation, open listening skills, effective problem solving and coaching, adaptability, collaboration, high self-awareness, energy, strong planning and organization skills, productivity and efficiency, emotional intelligence, a strong concern and value of employees and clients, and inspirational role model leadership
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.