Role Summary :
The Host team within GE Healthcares Magnetic Resonance division develops state of the art user interface, workflow and platform for the MR scanner to ensure a simple and easy access for the technologist.
As a software engineer in this team, you will collaborate cross-functionally with a global team of software to develop next generation capabilities from concept to product for the various GE MRI product lines.
Essential Responsibilities :
Duties include (but are not limited to) :
Contribute in designing and developing next generation SW platform for MR using service oriented SW architecture enabling delightful user experience and rapid application development being a platform of choice for our customers.
As a software developer, understand MR clinical needs and translate those to viable product features and requirements.
With the strong knowledge of SDLC, design, implement and test the design inputs. Develop and integrate software platform components into the system in accordance with the software development policies and procedures.
Demonstrate a quality mindset in all aspects of deliverables for our customers.
Translate high level requirements that demand new capabilities into component-level platform requirements and take them to implementation through proper design choices
Brainstorm and come up with the new ideas to design and implement solutions to the complex platform, user interface and workflow challenges in the Host domain in accordance with established software development practices and processes
Facilitate the use of latest tools, IDE, techniques and development environments that enhance team productivity, share best practices with other software engineering groups within GE Healthcare.
Support the overall Host roadmap. Conform to established roadmaps and influence platform directions
Act as the change agent for the team and continuously improve both platform and processes working with the leadership team.
Foster collaboration with global engineering teams, business leadership team, cross functional teams and partner teams
Learn MR Host platform (legacy and Maestro) and get accustomed to enhance platform components and develop applications using this framework.
Document designs and verification activities; perform component & subsystem level verifications, participate in system level verifications and validations as necessary.
Quality Specific Goals :
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type / position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Support compliance / closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs / Program Deliverables
5. Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible
Qualifications / Requirements :
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering with minimum 8 years of software design & development experience working with cross-
functional teams in an industry environment.
2. Experience in modern software development including : microservices, full-stack development, dev ops, containerizing etc
3. Demonstrate proficiency in core Java and C++ programming in a Linux environment with very good understanding of data structures.
4. Hands-on experience in developing RESTful services and Spring Framework
5. Strong design skills with experience in development of application / platform components using various Design Patterns in Linux platform.
6. Very good understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) and Programming (OOP) concepts and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
7. Experience in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle in an industry environment.
8. Demonstrated understanding / experience with the New Product Introduction (NPI) cycle
9. Strong Analytical, debugging and Problem Solving skills.
10. Working experience in scaled agile environment.
11. Proven skills in leading innovation from high-level definition and design through incremental evolution strategies
12. Familiarity with industry software development practices, tools and environments including practical usage of Configuration Management systems, Defect Tracking tools and Debuggers.
13. Ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
Desired Characteristics :
Preferred Qualifications :
1. Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related computer field
2. Experience in SOA, OSGI, NodeJS, Junit, HTML5, Angular JS and Python
3. Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks / issues
4. Knowledge of GE Healthcare engineering tools and processes (PRD, QMS)
5. Attention to detail and ability work independently toward timely completion of a variety of assignments
6. Ability to develop unique concepts / solutions for complex products
7. Strong verbal / written communication and influencing skills
8. Experience working in a global team environment and a cross-functional product development environment.
9. Knowledge of agile concepts and methodologies
10. Willing to learn new technologies and flexible with roles and responsibilities
Business Acumen :
1. Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
2. Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
3. Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
4. Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
1. Has the ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
2. Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
3. Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
4. Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals / objectives contribute to the organization vision
About Us :
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive.
Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Is an equal opportunity employer and supports Diversity.
Locations : India; Bengaluru
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.