Job description : - English HOD, Chris tel House Reporting to Principal. 1. Lead the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching and learning strategies in the department.
2. Be responsible for the day-to-day management, control and operation of course provision with the department, including effective deployment of staff and physical resources.
3. Monitor actively and follow up student progress 4. Work with colleagues to formulate aims, objectives and strategic plans for the department which have coherence and relevance to the needs of students and to the aims, objectives and strategic plans of the school.
5. Lead and manage the planning function of the department, and to ensure that the planning activities of the department reflect the needs of students within the subject areas.
6. 1 Work with the Deputy Head Curriculum to ensure that staff development needs are identified and that appropriate programs are designed to meet such needs 7.
Be responsible for the efficient and effective deployment of the Department's technicians / support staff. 8. Make appropriate arrangements for classes when staff are absent, ensuring appropriate cover within the department liaising with the Cover Supervisor / relevant staff to secure appropriate cover within the department.
9. Promote teamwork and to motivate staff to ensure effective working relations 10. Be responsible for the day-to-day management of staff within the designated department and act as a positive role model.
11. Seek / implement modification and improvement where required.