Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
The R&D Line Manager is responsible for
1. Building High-Performance Teams - Recruitment, Personal Development, Performance, Coaching, Motivation
2. Agile Practices are followed by all members of the team.
3. Systemic Improvements to enhance team velocity and prevent software fault escapes
4. Staffing planning, tracking and management
5. Addressing Software delivery escalations and removing impediments
6. Interface with external interfaces during customer escalations
The R&D Line Manager is accountable for
1. On-time delivery of work from the teams
3. Organization KPIs
4. Managing Customer escalations
5. Agile practices in the teams
6. Built-In Quality for team deliverables
7. Building Competence of the teams
The following skills and competencies are essential to this role
1. Ability to Plan and align deliverables
2. Ability to build effective and high performant teams
3. Ability to develop talent
4. Collaboration skills
6. Decision Quality
7. Optimize work processes
8. Cultivate innovation
9. Drive results
10. Technical skills related to software development and ability to understand an explain product architecture
Work Experience :
More than7 years of work experience leading teams of 15-20 engineers in agile software product development.
Large Scale Realtime Database / Cloud Native experience preferred.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Additional Information