1. Ensure that organizational legal matters are managed properly and efficiently.
2. Initiate and pursue legal proceedings as required by the Company i.e., prepare writs, applications, defences, submissions and other pleadings in legal cases.
3. Prepare case summaries for external Counsel. Attend all legal cases
4. Liaise with and assist external Counsels for legal cases.
5. Research and prepare legal opinions on various legal matters.
6. Draft and / or review legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitor legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance, as requested.
Advise on statutory compliances.
7. Maintain a database of the status of all court matters involving the Company.